AVIC411.com

How is the Z compared to Alpine W505?

i juste change my w505 for a z110bt

the w505 dont have gps by default, you need to buy a NEV-P1,

and this gps are a shit compared to z110bt

the w505 are a very good stand alone HU, but you need to purchase all option separatly, ex: GPS, Bluettoth

and the price are very similar with all option

if your goal are SQ system, the w505 with PXA-H701 are very very good

but if you want a very good multimedia HU with a good GPS, the z110bt are far away the best of both

and if you want ad more SQ, add a Audison bit.one processor

I was almost sold on the AVIC Z110BT, until I found out a few things that just dumbfounded me.

It only supports up to 16G, 500 files USB. So if I hooked up my new iPod Touch 64 gig it will not show all the files. Not only that I was really gunning for using my 1T external hard drive. Now I am unsure if there is a way around this and if there is please let me know!

Does not support a disc changer, Remote control, and a few other simple features you would expect in a top of the line system.

It looks very nice, the UI is customizable and ok, and your lighting can be changed. It was almost perfect but it has a few major flaws in my eyes.

It only supports up to 16G, 500 files USB. So if I hooked up my new iPod Touch 64 gig it will not show all the files.

Negative!!! That limitation does not apply to any of the ipod/iphone models. That is only a limitation with the USB/SD options. This is not isolated to Pioneer either, most other units that support USB/SD have a similar limitation as well.

Yeah, the Alpine is in another class - a lower class!

The Pioneer supports iPod/iPhone FULLY - I have a 120GB iPod connected, and also connect my 32GB iPhone 3GS at times. Works awesome. To me, I could care less about the USB since I just use iPod for storage.

Disc changer also doesn't matter - iPod takes care of that.

The no remote control sucks, but you can do a steering wheel interface. That one comes down to, do you really use a remote control often?

the w505 are a very good stand alone HU, but you need to purchase all option separatly, ex: GPS, Bluettoth and the price are very similar with all option

That is typical of Alpine. They don't look expensive at first glance but you need to add optional items for darned near everything (eg. bluetooth, GPS, HD, etc.) and it ends up being helluva lot more expensive while not offering more (sometimes less!) than Pioneer/Kenwood.

Negative!!! That limitation does not apply to any of the ipod/iphone models. That is only a limitation with the USB/SD options. This is not isolated to Pioneer either, most other units that support USB/SD have a similar limitation as well.

Yes! The limit is actually 300 folders and 2500 files for USB/SD, which is disappointing for a high-end HU (the X/F series does not have this limitation IINM). On the Kenwood DNX9140 (and true for the lower end and non-nav models, eg. DDX814) the limit is 255 folder x 255 files = 65025 files total (I verified this personally).

The Pioneer supports iPod/iPhone FULLY - I have a 120GB iPod connected, and also connect my 32GB iPhone 3GS at times. Works awesome. To me, I could care less about the USB since I just use iPod for storage.

Yep. Will be having a 160GB iPod classic hooked up to mine. Sucks to pay $200+ for a 160GB USB HDD, but at the price I got the Z110BT + accessories (XM, HD, etc.) for from 6ave, it's still okay.

Yep. Will be having a 160GB iPod classic hooked up to mine. Sucks to pay $200+ for a 160GB USB HDD, but at the price I got the Z110BT + accessories (XM, HD, etc.) for from 6ave, it's still okay.

So I will not have that damn limit problem with any iPod systems correct? If so that will be ok. My 64gig iPod touch will have been a perfect buy and I could get a orginal iPod in a large size for movies later if needed.

I figured the limit may be just a software issue since they switched OS (WHICH WAS A GOOD THING) but I am not certain. My understanding of HU units when it comes to hardware is very limited atm but if it is just a OS deal then I'll be perfectly fine with it.

But do you like the unit whobedaplaya? I am really pleased with how the unit looks and how the UI functions and looks. Hell I like most of the features its just kinda crazy they left out some basic stuff.

You will not have file limit problems with ipods.

Side note: Make sure its an ipod made in the last few years, some of the really old ones are not compatible. There is a chart on Pioneer's site if you are curious about a particular model

Yeah I have the new 3G iPod Touch and they said it would be fine. Thanks for the info, had no clue they had a chart.

But do you like the unit whobedaplaya? I am really pleased with how the unit looks and how the UI functions and looks. Hell I like most of the features its just kinda crazy they left out some basic stuff.

Will tell you soon once I get it installed. Still waiting on a few pieces (HD + XM tuners) that were somehow delayed. :evil: