AVIC411.com

Purchased free firmware 3.0

Hey Everyone,

I did some searches and couldn’t find the answer to my problem. I didn’t purchase the map updates but did sign up for the free 3.0 firmware update. After almost waiting two months and emailing Pioneer they finally sent it.

Just received it today and when opening it I only found a few pages of instructions on how to update the firmware. With a piece missing.

Am I supposed to receive the SD card as well? I don’t even have a link to download the 3.0 firmware. Am I missing something? Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. I know some people on this site weren’t happy with the updates but I'm kind of impatient and can't wait.

Thanks Everyone.

post-37442-12872759409596_thumb.jpg

That page you have printed there? it's this page:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... Update.pdf

It's regarding 2.006 which is indeed a free update, 3.0 was not a free update, it was $60 pre-order.

If you ordered the free 2.006 update on SD cards, you would have had to pay for the shipping, and it looks like the SD card didn't make it.

Here's the relevant text:

HOW TO OBTAIN THE FREE FIRMWARE UPDATE:

Pioneer is offering the following four options for consumers to obtain the free firmware update:

1. Download the free update to a computer from here: AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVICF700BT,

AVIC-F7010BT, and transfer the update to an SD card for insertion into the AVIC-F

Series system; OR

2. Order on-line a SD card containing the free update by going

to http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/avicfirmware; OR

3. Order by phone a SD card containing the free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll

free at 800-421-1404 and then transferring to the Parts Order Department (select Option 1);

OR

4. Arrange for an in-dash AVIC-F Series system to be shipped to Pioneer for installation of the

free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 and then

transferring to the Warranty & Service Department (select Option 1).

But again, it's 2.006, not 3.0 as has been pointed out, I can certainly see how someone might get confused.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, i know this is an OLD thread but i can't find anything newer on this. I just bought a 2008 Honda Civic GX which has an Avic-F900BT installed. I really like it but it has a few things that could stand to be improved, the clock for one thing, is virtually unreadable because they put a pale green font over the tan background of the map and there's no contrast, small sized font as well, and spending a lot of time in my car going to appointments, i need a clock i can easily see without looking away from the road much. Also, the touch screen could be more responsive. I was happy to see videos on You Tube of F900bts's updated to firmware v.3, showing a clock with white text against a dark blue background, and fast responsive touch screen. But when i went to search for this update, it was not to be found. V.2008000 was the most recently available on the Pioneer site for F900bt. After a couple of days of digging around and trying to make sense of the you tube videos of F900BTs with V.3, i have concluded what this thread also suggests--there seems to be no F series v.3, and people have used the X series v.3 to update their F units.

So i am now looking for some guidance on how to do this. I have the instructions from the Pioneer site telling the steps for updating to v.2008000 and i'm thinking i would just follow those steps. I've downloaded the v.3 update for X900BT and have it on an SD card. but in all my searching around, i read a couple of cautionary comments about the update creating major problems in a couple of cases. One person said that repairing the damaged caused involved updating the version of Windows CE, and another person said that the key to success with this update was having the current version of Windows CE. Like this thread, all the stuff ifound on this was 2 or 3 years old. i'm trying to find out some more recent information/experiences with doing this.

I don't know if anyone is still connected to this thread, but just in case, i'm sending out this message in a bottle...

sorry, i just continued exploring this forum and found a couple of sticky posts with instructions on doing this update. They are both from 2009 so i would feel better having some more recent info. i really don't want to wreck my unit, and after reading the instructions, i think i would like to find someone locally who knows how to do this who will do it for me. Annoying that Pioneer doesn't choose to make this readily available. Why force an unreadable clock and unresponsive touch screen on customers when fixes are available? Shouldn't those be standard items on any unit, i mean, touch screen responsiveness and a clock?

Anyway, just wanted to say i found, apparently, the answer to my question. Sorry for asking this question when the answer was already available.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...