AVIC411.com

Yet another Bluetooth question for the group

So I purchased the update - installed it and it worked great! yes, I love the new maps and the street (exit) signs, everything is faster now - not near as many lock ups and crashes... however one thing that is driving me friggen crazy!

So I have an iphone 3g - it has been working great on bluetooth - then after the upgrade, when I take a call in the car, everything is fine - BUT if I am still on the call, and I Turn off the car - the call disconnects...!!!!! Has anybody else had this problem? Why would that disconnect the call? Previous versions that I had (back in the 2.x days) never did that... when I turned off the car, the all would switch over to iphone... I don't think its an iphone issue, well at least I don't think - because I actually went out and purchased the 3Gs to see if that would fix it... and of course it didn't...

The second weird thing is sometimes I'll turn on my car and the system will boot and then go dead - and I mean dead... but if I push the reset button, it doesn't come on- it is still dead... I turn the car off for 30 minutes or so and then it comes back on and is reset to factory default (well most anyway - phone still there, contacts, etc...) anybody experiance that before?

Anyway, thanks in advance...

I updated the AVIC-F firmware to 3.01 and Bluetooth stopped working correctly. After the update:

- would not mute audio when receiving ort making a call

- would not clear the box with the call information

- system became unresponsive after a call

when it worked correctly before. I managed to get it working as before without losing the updated interface of the 3.0 firmware update as follows:

1) I deleted the My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/Setup and My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGO/save folders. I don't think this step matters only the next step, but someone else fixed their problems just by doing this.

2) Then I rebooted and replaced the My Flash Disk/APL/parrot.dll and My Flash Disk/APL/parrot.ini files with the same files from the free 2.06 update from the Pioneer website.

Now everything works as it should.

• 2 weeks later...

@ bmaninoc

I had the same prob after installing unofficial v3.0 hack: BT Version was "Not Found".

Pioneer EU don't have the BT SW-330 update on their site any more (useless!) so I did a search and found your post. It only took Step 1 for my BT to be 're-discovered' and up and running again.

So thanks for the great info :D

• 3 months later...

I too have had this problem after the 3.01 update with both a 2G and 3GS. I don't have any other bluetooth phones to test unfortunately.

I've also had every problem bmaninoc has listed. Now, I am unable to get the Bluetooth to find my iPhone at all; not sure if it's a hardware or a software problem yet.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of all the problems with this unit, and Pioneer is not doing anything to address these problems.

I have the exact same problem with a Blackberry Bold 9700. The whole 3.0 upgrade was a joke. System was stable before, including bluetooth. Now it's erratic, unpredictable, buggy, and to top it off, I'm having problems with the bluetooth. And from reading the posts on this board, I realize that I'm not the only one having the exact same problems. If only Pioneer supported their products better...We need a decent update!