AVIC411.com

iPhone MMS Issues

Totally unrelated to AVIC, but I imagine there are a lot of people out there having issues with their iPhone not sending or receiving MMS messages.

If you have installed the MMS update and restarted the phone and still can't send or receive MMS, read on. There is an issue caused by a glitch in your AT&T Account that is present ONLY if you UPGRADED at some point in time from the original iPhone to a 3G or 3GS. You will most likely have to get transferred to a technician, who will fix it in a matter of seconds. The generic people who answer the phone and do the basic troubleshooting will insist that nothing is wrong, it's a network issue, or you need to restore your phone, etc.

Thanks for the heads up. I sent a test message to a friend of mine last night right after I got the carrier settings update but he did not get it. Subsequent test messages today were successful however. I guess they are having the problems everyone speculated about with this role out. Hopefully they will get it ironed out quickly.

• 3 weeks later...