AVIC411.com

I strayed away but now I'm back, Pioneer for life!

I've always owned some sort of Pioneer unit in all my vehicles but in 2005 I put a D-3 in the F150, worked great except for the map disc and the horrible ipod interface which lead to the constant editing on my ipod just to work with the D-3 and not spend hours cycling through artist. I sold the 05 and bought a 08, putting a F90bt in there. Slow startup but the ipod feature worked great! No more messing with my catalog just drag, drop and go! So then I purchased a 2nd vehicle in the form of a 01 Mustang Cobra which is my baby to say the least. I bought a Kenwood DNX6140 and thought the Garmin interface would be cool and figured everyone should have ipod functionality like the F90bt so I got it. BIG MISTAKE! iPod crap takes me back to the D3 and the Garmin interface isn't any better than the Teleatlus system concerning routes and the features are less with the Garmin, sure it's dummy proof but I'm no soccer mom. Thing was I did a ton of research and everyone failed to mention anything about the ipod other than it works. So visiting various websites you might find my reviews but I've formally emailed Kenwood to tell them how their R&D department has failed miserably and that I would rather buy a $600 F90bt than a $1K DNX6140 any damn day of the week and have it take 10min to boot up. I have half a mind to sell the 6140 at half price and buy on of the new Pioneer X series! I've learned my expensive lesson and will now and always be a Pioneer loyalist.

Ipod is not important to me. Drop me a note if you want to sell it for half!!!

I've always owned some sort of Pioneer unit in all my vehicles but in 2005 I put a D-3 in the F150, worked great except for the map disc and the horrible ipod interface which lead to the constant editing on my ipod just to work with the D-3 and not spend hours cycling through artist. I sold the 05 and bought a 08, putting a F90bt in there. Slow startup but the ipod feature worked great! No more messing with my catalog just drag, drop and go! So then I purchased a 2nd vehicle in the form of a 01 Mustang Cobra which is my baby to say the least. I bought a Kenwood DNX6140 and thought the Garmin interface would be cool and figured everyone should have ipod functionality like the F90bt so I got it. BIG MISTAKE! iPod crap takes me back to the D3 and the Garmin interface isn't any better than the Teleatlus system concerning routes and the features are less with the Garmin, sure it's dummy proof but I'm no soccer mom. Thing was I did a ton of research and everyone failed to mention anything about the ipod other than it works. So visiting various websites you might find my reviews but I've formally emailed Kenwood to tell them how their R&D department has failed miserably and that I would rather buy a $600 F90bt than a $1K DNX6140 any damn day of the week and have it take 10min to boot up. I have half a mind to sell the 6140 at half price and buy on of the new Pioneer X series! I've learned my expensive lesson and will now and always be a Pioneer loyalist.