AVIC411.com

new maps //2009.6

So i put in all these maps, works great. The interstate that just extended a few extra miles near my house a few months back is in there, so these are definitely the latest and greatest. The only file I didn't replace was the "basemap."

Should this basemap be updated with another copy? Does it matter? Can I delete it? I'm not 100% clear on it's purpose.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i put in all these maps, works great. The interstate that just extended a few extra miles near my house a few months back is in there, so these are definitely the latest and greatest. The only file I didn't replace was the "basemap."

Should this basemap be updated with another copy? Does it matter? Can I delete it? I'm not 100% clear on it's purpose.

Software needs basemap to be there, but unless a new continent is discovered or new country springs up somewhere in your vicinity you don't really need to upgrade it...

OK. So it sounds like it just defines the boundaries around the states, and the other map files just fill in the gaps.

Thanks Boris. :D

Pretty much so. If you zoom out all the way, you'd see the globe with landmasses and country borders on it. This comes from basemap...

• 1 month later...

I'm leaving for vaca in a couple of hours....

I dl'd the 16 rar files for the TA2009.6 and extracted them successfully. I also dl'd the cracked EZrider and licensing info. I pop the new files into my content folder via cut and paste deleting ONLY the map, dem, building, POI and speedcam folders (all other folders in that directory are untouched). I then replaced the EZrider with the hacked one and added the new license file without touching the other ones. Once I reboot I get stuck on the main screen with the message "System Startup in progress please wait..." it's been on for over 5min is this normal or did I miss something?

actually u can dl off rapidshare every 1~2 hours...so once download is completed...wait for an hour or two, come back and download the next file

its not that bad

So 16 files x 2 hours minimum per file - 30 hours is "not that bad"?

Just make a damn torrent for it. It would take 1 hour to download the whole thing.

WTF?????????

I got a premium account to download this and after I got all the files, I need a password to open them!!! What a bunch of crooks!

Haha, wanna read what you said, and what it was regarding. Downloading pirated maps, and calling someone a crook because they password protected it. Gotta love it.