AVIC411.com

AVIC Feeds To Update POIs???

I downloaded AVIC Feeds from Pioneer but I'm finding it difficult to use with little to no instructions provided by Pioneer. The POIs in my area (Shreveport, Louisiana) are pretty slim even with the latest map data (there's a Chevron gas station that has been in the same location for 15+ years and it does not show on the map, yet a fairly new Citgo does??). According to the limited instructions with AVIC Feeds, I'm supposed to be able to update my POIs by inputting lat/long, however the final product is a .kml file. The instructions don't tell me what to do with said .kml file and looking through nearly every folder on my flash drive, I don't see ANY .kml files? Has anyone worked with AVIC Feeds before? Any suggestions on what I do with an .kml file?

Recently i tried using AVIC Feeds, while there are some problems it does work.

the .kml file you get needs to be put on an sd-card or usb-stick, you can use AVIC Feeds for that. AVIC Feeds will automatically put the .kml file (and icon if you created a custom icon) on the sd-card/usb-stick in the correct folders.

Make sure you put the sd-card/usb-stick in your device before your power it on. once it is all started up you get your custom POI's listed between the existing POI's.

I used http://www.poiplaza.com/ to get the POI's i needed. (download in iGO 8 kml filetype)

The limitation is that if you remove the sd-card/usb-stick you lose the custom POI's.

• 10 months later...