AVIC411.com

As long as your contacts have transferred you should be able to make phone calls with voice commands.

What problems are you having? Is the system not recognizing what you are saying? Is the voice command screen not coming up with you press the silver knob?

Here is how it should work:

Allow the unit to fully boot up and be sure that the bluetooth has connected to your phone. Keep in mind that the voice recognition software is one of the last things to load on the unit so even if the unit looks like it is fully loaded but when you press the silver knob and nothing happens, it means the VR software hasnt completed loading. I have found that this can sometimes take as much as 2 mins.

Next, go to MENU then choose the CONTACTS icon. Take note of how your contacts are displayed. However your contacts are displayed here is EXACTLY how you have to say the name in order to call that contact with the voice commands. For example, if your friend John Smith is listed under contacts as "Smith John" you will have to say "Call Smith John" when you can to call him. How the contact's name transfers usually depends on the phone. If you have someone's initials listed in your phone instead of their fully name you will have to say the letters, ie "Call JS cell"

When you want to call someone follow these steps:

Make sure you are on a source screen (the radio screen, your ipod screen, or the map screen, etc...) if you are on a menu or settings screen pressing the silver knob will not do anything.

Press the silver knob and wait for a moment. The VR screen will pop up and you will hear a chime. DO NOT start talking once you hear the chime. You have to wait an extra second until the purple dashes around the little face icon begin to light up.

After the dashes beging to light up then you can give your command "Call John Smith" and then be silent. If you say things while the unit is "listening" then it will get confused.

VR should work very well as long as you do it the right way.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately i was doing what you were telling me exactly. Starting at the map page, pushing the black button (not silver) on my radio, waiting a second until the purple dashes around the face start and then giving the command "call sharon" "call joe" etc. Yes that is how it is listed in my contacts. I am still not able to make a call using the voice activation. I spoke with Pioneer, and they said that it could be the AVIC-X910BT may need to be sent in for repair. I found this hard to believe. I am able to speak the numbers and after several attempts, make a phone call. Example, if the number was 12345678 it would dial it after a few attempts. Is there anything else you suggest i should do?

Some of my contacts are put in such as "AL - DURR" When i give a command for this i get no response but when i also try "call frank" which doesn't have symbols, theres still no voice recognition. Basically some contacts have symbols and some dont, but it doesn't work for either of them. What happens if the contact has more than one number such as "frank mobile" or "frank home"? There is still no voice recognition. I was able to switch from FM radio, to XM radio, and AM radio with voice recognition which worked but i still cannot use voice recognition to make phone calls from my phonebook wether they have symbols or not. Please help!

All contacts downloaded to the AVIC system, are all under a "General Category", if a particular contact has more than one number, such as a mobile, home, and a business, the AVIC system does not recognize calling the mobile, home, or business number. It just says that there is more than one number listed and to please touch the number you want to call. In other words, i am not able to say call Joe mobile, if joe has more than one number listed. Is there anyway to edit this on the AVIC- system? Is there anyway to edit this where you can assign each contacts number as a mobile, house, or business number.

We have an Env 2 cellphone from verizon, the AVIC has recognized this phone for bluetooth compatibility. The problem is, when we go to transfer the contacts, it does not transfer any contacts. It says transfer unsuccessful, what could be the problem? Is it possible that if the contact has a contact id such as a picture, that it would not work, even if you have 100 contacts and 2 of them have contact id. Thank you.

All contacts downloaded to the AVIC system, are all under a "General Category", if a particular contact has more than one number, such as a mobile, home, and a business, the AVIC system does not recognize calling the mobile, home, or business number. It just says that there is more than one number listed and to please touch the number you want to call. In other words, i am not able to say call Joe mobile, if joe has more than one number listed. Is there anyway to edit this on the AVIC- system? Is there anyway to edit this where you can assign each contacts number as a mobile, house, or business number.

This is a compatibility issue with the phone. Some phones are able to transfer the details such as MOBILE, WORK, HOME...etc... but some cannot. With my Motorola Razr2 every number was listed as "geneal" but with my LG env2 and Blackberry it labels them as MOBILE, WORK HOME...