AVIC411.com

adding asian fonts

Their email is: customer.support@pioneerservice.com

My email I sent:

Hi, I am interested in the z110bt or the x920bt. The only thing holding me back on purchasing is the lack of support for Asian fonts. Many of my songs are in Korean and Chinese, it would be a shame to only see boxes when choosing a song. I know many have hacked your old headunits which run on Windows to add fonts.

Please, can you advise on this or make your next update to include Chinese and Korean fonts?

Then I will forsure be purchasing one of your headunits.

Thanks,

Sheldon

Their reply:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Sorry, the Z110 does not have support for Chinese or Korean fonts.

I do not have full details on the AVIC-X920BT to verify one way or the other.

We will forward your request to our product planners.

Thank You,

Rocky

Customer Service Representative

I know many have hacked your old headunits which run on Windows to add fonts.

LOL... They probably don't like statements like this... At least most programmers wouldn't like it...

I would think that it would be a huge over taking to do.... But if it was as easy as just adding the fonts on the F series, then I couldn't see why it would be so hard to implement in a future update for the Z110BT....

Why don't you try to get an Asian unit? They usually have much more advanced units(at least Japan) and years before we see it in the states... For instance, I remember reading about this unit on this forum, about 3 years ago....

This thing looks sweet....

http://pioneer.jp/carrozzeria/rakunavi/ ... index.html

The 2004 model-year DVD Navigation system I had in my car when I was living in Japan, in my opinion, STILL beats the features offered on the Z110BT. Granted, the gap has closed considerably, and the graphics on the Z110BT are far superior, but the Nav I had (AVIC-DRZ80) just felt like a more well-thought out unit.

I'd love to grab a JP Nav system next time I'm in Japan and install it in my car stateside, but how the heck could you get US maps onto the unit? And would the unit interface with Sirius/XM? And how would you account for the difference in FM frequencies? And could you rig the unit to play Region 1 DVDs? And I speak Japanese, but would anyone else in the car be able to use the freakin' thing with all the buttons written in squiggly gibberish? And so on and so forth.

That JP Nav in the link in the post above this one retails for close to $3K with current exchange rates. If I was spending that much money on a Nav system, I'd wanna make damn well sure it'd work decently in my car here in the states. My two cents/yen...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...