AVIC411.com

Noobie with a few questions :) Be kind hehehe

Hiya guys!

First post in the forums, been reading through the stuff I need to find out about, but either I can't find it or its there and I simply don't understand??

Im 45yrs btw, so go easy lol

Just got my AVIC F910BT (UK MODEL) and I like loads of others would like to be able to use the unit whilst the cars moving (KIDS! not me lol)

Its not been installed yet, so I don't know what version software its running, but it says it was manufactured in May 2009 I believe.

Now, I have seen that the MUTE Cable needed to be moved in the connector to the free space between the two wires on the underneath of the connector, so I have done that already. I was very careful, and the connector went in to the new hole cleanly and CLICKED into place, so the pins not damaged either.

From what I can gather this MUTE cable now needs to be joined to the HANDBRAKE wire, and these two then need to be earthed to the car?? (If correct I have a crimp with the small solid circle and I will simply screw straight into the cars frame where I have been before)

So...... if this is all correct so far, Im getting there :)

Now, the puzzling bit lol

I need to use a formatted 2GB or higher capacity SD card, and then put some files onto it?

If I then put this into the F910BT it enters testmode? Is this correct?

If its correct then could someone please tell me the EXACT files needed to be put onto the SD Card for the F910BT please?

Next question :oops::oops:

I understand I need to change a value in the software of the unit to allow me to use the unit whilst moving, again, this im very unclear about

I would like to make sure I backed up my units original software first, but how do I go about doing that?

Once I have backed it up, I will store it on the PC at home, plus put it onto a couple of CDs to make sure its not lost or damaged

Then the question is how do I make the corrections in the software, and get that back onto the unit?

Im not at all worried about the proceedure itself, im sure it will go smoothly with the right help, but I just want to ensure I get the right answers to the questions so im 100% clear about what exactly needs to be done

Im sure for the guys that have been doing it for a while it all makes sence, as you've probably done software changes so often your used to it, but for someone starting out, some of the posts I've read make me think I have missed something, because I don't know how to get the original software backed up, and how to change it once I have got it, so please, someone let me know in easy terms, a start to finish with all the steps, it would be VERY appreciated, and I would be happy to put some payal beers your way for your time ;)

Chris

Hi Peperrami.

I'm also UK based, i've had my F910 about a month now.

What i did with my F910 is connect the handbrake cable to the earth, you can do this on the pioneer loom before you slide the headunit into the dash.

If i remember correctly, the handbrake wire is green, just connect that to the earth(black) on the loom, use a scotchlock, that's it.

If you want to improve the unit massively try IDT's mod, it completely changes the unit for the better.

If you're near Bristol then give me a shout, i'll help you with it, i've done my F910 and my dad's F910, he's 60 and loving the mod.

We acquired 2 F910's, for next to nothing, all legit. (don't ask) !

Paul.

You have done the hardware bypass. There is no need to do the software bypass at all. You are good to go without it.

Ahh right!

I didn't realise the hardware bypass was sufficent I thought the config of the software had to be changed as well!

Am I correct with my wiring and where it needs to go?

Thank you for your reply!

Chris

I just grounded the green to the earth with a scotchlock, i didn't do anything else, it works fine.

I can have satnav on the front screen and dvd on the headrest for passengers, or i can have dvd on both screens, while i'm stuck at a standstill on the motorway or whatever.

Paul.