AVIC411.com

<SOLVED> Defective XM unit?

Installed yesterday, it worked.

Today, no ID even displayed in the XM Info screen

IPBus from Z1 goes to XM, from XM to iPod.

I hear my iPod fine

So the IPBus from Z1 -> XM must be good since iPod works fine. Thats how the chains flowing.

I'm guessing no problems with the data cable, but I can't verify that.

If I disconnect power to the XM, I can't hear my iPod anymore, so that power must be good. I'm guessing the ground is good too, it prob wants/needs both.

I reset the XM

Still no Radio ID.

Thoughts?

I think my unit is defective.

I checked continuity on the XM Data wire, ALL pins good

I used a diff IPBus cable that is verified good

I checked the ground and 12V to the XM, GOOD

I opened the XM to look to see if anything was burned all looks good.

I reset it

Still it shows up in my list of devices (not dark blue, its selectable) but no signal and when I go to my System Info screen there is no Radio ID.

Calling Pioneer tomorrow I guess

You say it has an IP-Data cable so I am assuming you mean you have the GEX-P10XMT tuner. This may be so simple it works, but did you reset the tuner box immediately after installation? It says in the manual you must do this for proper operation. Here is a pic from the GEX-P10XMT manual:

untitledqs0.jpg

I dont know, I had a unit not show the id or signal for 10 minutes while it updated. dont recall if it was the nav traffic one or the plain xm.

Well when I was removing it I noticed that the shieth for the wire on the antenna was torn a little. The internal wire was fine though.

Okay let's just think about this a second...

IF the antenna signal is bad, will you not receive a Radio ID in the "Information" menu? If this is the case, the antenna issue may just be the cause. But IF you should receive a Radio ID no matter if the antenna is hooked-up, not hooked-up, signals bad, etc. Then this does not apply.

Pioneer support better shed some light on this in the AM.

AND if I screwed my antenna, can I buy another? I really dont want to spend a ton of money on it, so maybe one of these generic Terk ones on eBay for $10-$20 would work? i.e. http://www.solidsignal.com/xmradio/view ... ROD=XM2SAA