AVIC411.com

CNDV-90MT Improvements and Flaws

I thought it would be a great idea to post up anything y'all have noticed about the upgrades. The good and the bad.

So far I have found a lot of new roads and updated streets in my city. Some street that had no names before now have names on em. The layout is much more improved for me and I notice now wherever I am in my city, it will let you know what Borough I am in which is sweet. I also find that when doin a destination search and some surrounding areas have the same street, the layout to select what city u want is MUCH more straight forward. Instead of it saying "dufferin Street/Oakville" it will just have the cities all laid out and all u gotta do is select whatever surrounding city u want. Will be doin more testing on this... Oh yeah, now on the XM radio, u can actually get more of the artist and song names displayed out. hope next year Pioneer plans to release a newer version to the older model navi's. Let's get a new interface Pioneer :)

When I updated to the 80MT from last year, I lost ALL voice navigation capability for where I live, plus the rest of Northern Ontario.

The 90MT fixed this so now I have voice navigation working.

For more info: the 80MT turned all my streets light purple, and voice navigation would be unavailable. This update resolved the issue.

Also noticed when you change your background through loading a jpg from a cd, that once you choose a picture, you get the option of choosing another when you see the preview of the background you selected.

In the previous update you'd have to choose the picture, and all you get is the preview but you'll have to go back and redo all the steps to change the background if you chose the wrong one.

I thought it would be a great idea to post up anything y'all have noticed about the upgrades. The good and the bad.

So far I have found a lot of new roads and updated streets in my city. Some street that had no names before now have names on em. The layout is much more improved for me and I notice now wherever I am in my city, it will let you know what Borough I am in which is sweet. I also find that when doin a destination search and some surrounding areas have the same street, the layout to select what city u want is MUCH more straight forward. Instead of it saying "dufferin Street/Oakville" it will just have the cities all laid out and all u gotta do is select whatever surrounding city u want. Will be doin more testing on this... Oh yeah, now on the XM radio, u can actually get more of the artist and song names displayed out. hope next year Pioneer plans to release a newer version to the older model navi's. Let's get a new interface Pioneer :)

Which model head unit do you have and what version did you upgrade from? I have a D3 and upgraded from CNDV-80MT, I did not notice any of the improvements that you did.

Which model head unit do you have and what version did you upgrade from? I have a D3 and upgraded from CNDV-80MT, I did not notice any of the improvements that you did.

I have the n1 hu w/n3 brain. I upgraded from the 80mt to the 90mt and the only thing I've noticed is the XM radio display update. Since I play my mp3 more than XM or the regular radio, that's not worth the update price. Like others, 3 yr old streets are still mssing.

Would someone with the new update mind checking to see if an address is now on the maps???

I've been in my house now for 5 years (new construction) and had an AVIC (D1 & D3) for a total of 4 years now and they STILL don't have my street on the maps.

The address is: 1000 McCartney Ct. Slidell, Louisiana

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• 1 month later...

for me, this is the worst update since i got the avic-d2 (few yrs ago when 60mt was the newest). i've lost ALL voice navigation, if i go the wrong way it takes forever to reroute or doesn't do so at all, and it doesnt bring up the "close up view" for near/upcoming turns. this thing is awful for me, and i put it on the same media as my 80mt disc. i see that some of you have had success but that was not the case for me and i would not advise anyone who hasnt gotten this disc to pursue it.