AVIC411.com

iPhone 3GS and uploading contacts??

I got my 3GS to successfully pair with the X910BT without any problem and I was able to upload my contacts. However, there is a 400 contact limit with the X910BT and I have far more than that on my iPhone. Truthfully there is only a fraction that I'd like to actually have on the unit but I cannot find a way to selectively upload a category (like "friends" or "family", etc) as the unit seems to do an all or nothing upload of contacts. Then, it just stops uploading when it's full. So, I have from A through most of F on my unit and then it just cuts off. There also appears to be no way to even manually add a contact. So, other than some huge kludge workaround (ie; delete all my contacts, modify contacts on my Macbook by exporting all contacts, then deleting ones I don't want on the X910BT, then resync, then sync with the headunit then resync with my computer to get all contacts back... wow) I cannot think of a single way to actually get a working set of contacts on the unit... either by uploading or manually entering. How did other people do this???

• 2 weeks later...