AVIC411.com

System wont boot, keeps restarting in endless loop.

Hi,

I have a AVIC-X910BT that worked for around 6 days and then when I turned on my car, it just keeps re-booting. It's an endless loop and it never gets going.

This is my second unit that this has happened to. The first unit, installed on Saturday worked up until the Friday when it started doing that as I was leaving work. The guys at the audio place, who are amazing, then changed out the unit for a new on on Saturday. Again this Friday rolled around and the exact same thing happened with the new unit.

I have not applied any patches or hacks, I've been playing music from the SD and USB card reader. I've used the reset button to no result.

Please help.

You have 2 options. Buy multiple SD cards and download the Firmware 2.06 from the thread on this subject on this forum. OR pay 9 bucks shipping to send your unit to Pioneer and they'll do it for you for free.

I opted for the second, since the cost is less than buying multiple SD cards, hoping I don't completely brick the unit to the point where it's not repairable, and having it be obvious to Pioneer that I tried to fix it myself instead of sending it in for warranty work.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, is this an issue with the 3.0X firmware that downgrading to 2.6 fixes or am I don't something weird?

I don't think it's exactly something wrong with the 3.0 firmware, but rather has something to do with shutting down the system while it's doing something... I think. Or it could be completely random.

All I know is that it seems to be relatively common place on this forum, as in a bunch of people have had it happen. I don't know of anyone that has had it happen more than once though.

The only thing I can think of likening it to is unplugging an external hard drive from your computer before it's ready to be unplugged. Many times you can get away with it... but eventually you're going to have data loss. That's my only guess. Pioneer didn't tell me. They just fixed it.

But for sure, reverting back to 2.06 firmware fixes it for the F-Series, so I'd assume it's similar for the X-Series since they're virtually identical. If I were you, I would call up Pioneer and ask for sure what to do. Just be sure, if asked, that you "can't watch video while driving". If you did the bypass, software or hardware, they'll blame you. Just tell them you didn't do anything to it, and you're good to go :)

I had this problem for a little bit. After messing with it, I figured out the ground I hooked everything up to wasn't sufficient. Between the head unit, hard bypass, hd radio tuner, and satellite tuner all trying to use the vehicles ground built into harness it was just too much for it. After switching the radio and sat tuner to a hard ground behind the dash all was better. Good luck.

• 2 months later...