AVIC411.com

Information on where to obtain CNDV-90MT Upgrade Discs

Well with the other thread getting fairly large I thought I would post a quick and easy way to get the Pioneer AVIC updates, or at least all the information in 1 easy to find place. A big thanks goes out to SWDW for getting the original discs into our hands and seeding the torrent so a bunch of us could grab it. New guys keep seeding and keep the torrent alive!

Searching for the torrents will give you 2 different versions. One version has both the east and west discs together. This version has caused problems for many users and should NOT be downloaded. I would not recommend seeding this version either as it will just cause more confusion and problems for everyone. This version is just the files copied from the discs and not an ISO ready to burn.

The CORRECT and FULLY working version is the East and West ISO formats seen as 2 different torrents. Here are the correct links for the ISO version:

Torrent Links

EAST --> http://www.mininova.org/tor/3006030

WEST --> http://www.mininova.org/tor/3006036

Secondly you can grab either disc from the newsgroups. I have uploaded both version to my news server and will provide the newzbin files to download each below.

Newsgroup Links

East ISO disc Newzbin (Unzip and load into your favorite news reader)

West ISO disc Newzbin (Unzip and load into your favorite news reader)

If you are unfamiliar with newsgroups/newzbin I suggest you read the following website: http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroups_Guide

You usually have to pay to get news server access, but its worth it as you can DL things at full speed. Several news providers have a trial period or $/MB pricing so you can get just these files for very little cash. I personally use usenetserver and pay $10/month for unlimited downloads. Worth every penny!!!

Recommended news readers:

OSx - Unison

M$ Winders - Newsleecher / Grabit

For completeness, here are a few disc images in high res format. These are available for download from Pioneer's website directly

Disc Labels

Downgrade Instructions for bad map data

Fix for an upgrade gone wrong:

If you find yourself with a non working unit or corrupted map data after the upgrade do not despair, there is still hope to "downgrade" your unit. First go to system settings and change the language (doesn't matter if it's to french or Spanish) Let the unit "upgrade" your unit again and make sure it goes well and finishes. then change the language back to English, but hit the eject button before the unit has a chance to start the upgrade. You will see "insert the appropriate disc" message. Take your old working disc (CNDV-80MT) for example and place it in the unit. IT will then "Upgrade" to the older version. You should now have your old version in English.

I hope this information makes things a bit clearer for people and condenses things for anyone looking. Thanks to everyone for helping out and seeding. That's what makes this community so great!!

Pioneer CNDV-90MT East ISO.nzb.zip

Pioneer CNDV-90MT West ISO.nzb.zip

post-2719-12872759606014_thumb.jpg

post-2719-128727596096_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I download the East ISO disc (Newzbin) and tried to burn it (using Meganews and GrabIt). I noticed that the ISO had a Date name (Inside of PowerISo and Nero instead of the CDNT***) . I believe this version is just files and does not load in a D-2, not an image copy. I may have to buy a DVD since no one is seeding. I wish there was a FTP site. makes life a LOT easier!!

:(

The newzbin file is the actual ISO format. Indeed the disc name is changed, but the files are via the iso format. This disk has worked perfectly on my system and is the exact same disc that was being seeded on the torrents. I'm not sure how or what SWDW did to create teh iso, but I did nothing to the orig file. I just uploaded them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is it not dangerous if i make paper labels for my downloaded disks? I mean, don't they come off after a wile or get heated up in the disk reader?

Sorry for my bad english. I read it perfectly but writing :oops:

DO NOT USE PAPER LABELS. THEY CAN COME APART AND RUIN YOUR UNIT :!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!: