AVIC411.com

MSN Driect not working Status page says reaply upgrade

Please help

I have a F90BT, I tried to use my MSN Direct the other day and noticed that the little antenna icon was not there,

So I looked at the status and the screen says "upgrade failed please try upgrade again" the funny thing is I didn't do an update, any help would cool.

Here is what I found that seems to work.

Push the small reset button on your unit and this will reset the unit. It normally saves most settings except for the stations and some audio settings. This should bring it back to life.

I found that I lose it if I turn the car off before I get the nag screen. If I wait until that screen shows up before shutting off the car, I do not lose the MSN direct. I do shut it off before the nag screen (ie in under 30 seconds normally) I will lose the MSN and get the connection status screen and have to do the reset.

Hope this helps.

M

• 4 weeks later...

You have to reinstall the 3.0 firmware upgrade. That happened to me the first time. Then my radio fucked up and I had to send it in to Pioneer. (unrelated).

Then I did a fresh install of 3.0 when they gave it back to me, and everything works perfectly :)

I think it happens if you remove the SD cards prematurely before updating MSN direct. It's kinda annoying how I figured that out after the fact.