AVIC411.com

Mustang Rear View Camera Install

I just received a rear view camera to install in my 2006 Mustang GT conv, anyone have one of these installed in a Mustang? I am just wondering how easy it was to get the wiring from the license plate area to the interior of the trunk and where you went through. Will the hole for the license plate light lead to the tail light wiring? If it does it should be easy (I hope) if not I would really like to know where everyone else went through.

I installed the camera. I was able to follow the wires from the license plate light which enter the vehicle into the trunk area and used the existing grommet to pass the cameras power and video wires through. I was in a hurry so I connected the power to the lic plate light, since I always drive with at least the parking lights on, the camera should be functional even for split screen rear view.

I connected the purple "reverse sense" wire to a white w/yellow wire on the drivers side tail light harness and set the HU to sense 12+.

I am very impressed with the picture quality of the camera and it has a nice wide field of view, and has 7 IR LED's for enhanced night viewing. I only paid $22 including shipping from Hong Kong on eBay so wasn't expecting the picture to be as good as it is. The only issue I have found so far is that if the roads are wet the license plate area seems to attract a lot of moisture which quickly makes the image just a blur until I can wipe off the lens. I guess that must be why Ford decided to mount the camera in the 2010 Mustang in the rear spoiler.