AVIC411.com

I have something weird going on with the pre-outs specially the left channel.

If I fade all the way to the right the left speaker is loud. If I fade all the way to the left the right is very weak, but nothing coming out of the left. But as soon as I start to fade it back to the right the left get loud again. I have pulled the deck checked the cabling (red=right, white=Left), Okay, Checked at the AMP and the left is connected to the left the right is connected the right. I reversed the pre-outs and the opposite happens. If I put it back in the middle the left is louder than the right.

I even disconnected the right pre-out from the sub out and had no bass. Normal Speaker outs fade fine this is only affecting the pre-outs.

Can the left channel on the pre-outs short out with the right channel? This is my second Avic after the first N2 wouldn't turn on when the interior of the car was hot (Extended Warranty Swap). So far not to impressed the AVIC line as this is the second one to fail for some reason. Within 4 years.

Played around with this some more. I don't think it's problem with the Left Pre-outs. I think it's the Right instead. The right is just a lower volume than the left. But this doesn't explain why when all the way left the left speaker isn't working. :?

Testing:

Fade all the way to rear.

Balance = left

Result:

Left Speaker Off. Right very low.

Fade all the way to the rear.

Balance = Right

Left Speaker loader than right.

Doesn't matter if what the source is. Radio, CD, iPod. The right channel s working just really low volume.

Connect Speakers to Internal AMP and everything works fine. Seems to be affecting all pre-outs. Is this a bad harness or is it hardware?