AVIC411.com

[Pics] My AVIC-Z110Bt in my 09 BMW 335i

Where did you purchase your harness?

I looking for one but I would like to have the Z110 above the climate controls gauges, the reverse to your current setup.

Also did you lose the time for service indications on the dash when you removed the OEM radio?

Ebay.

There's a reason why I mounted the radio on the bottom: I didn't want to cut up my dash & climate controls.

No. OBC works without the stock radio. But I did relocate the radio to the trunk to retain chimes and PDC.

For the OP i would like to know if you did the instal yourself or had it done somewhere. If you did it by yourself I would like to know how you bypassed the most system in the car? PLease let me know as i am very interested to know. But hey it looks amazing and clean.

I installed it myself. There's nothing to bypass. I just had to relocate the stock radio to the trunk to retain chimes and PDC.

I looking for one but I would like to have the Z110 above the climate controls gauges, the reverse to your current setup.

Also did you lose the time for service indications on the dash when you removed the OEM radio?

Ebay.

There's a reason why I mounted the radio on the bottom: I didn't want to cut up my dash & climate controls.

No. OBC works without the stock radio. But I did relocate the radio to the trunk to retain chimes and PDC.

You will have to excuse me if all my questions seem to be on the ignorant side, I am really not savvy when it comes to car tech but I am looking to become educated enough for when I take it into the installer shop and for personal maintenance going forward.

Can you please explain the not wanting to cut up the dash and climate control. I saw the Connect2 and Metra installation instructions for the double din with the navi on top and climate controls below. Besides the filing down of the edges of the climate control less than a 1/4 of an inch, I don't see anything in the instructions about cutting into the dash and the climate controls. Am I missing something or was that part not included in the documentation?

I've only had my car for a little over a month, what chimes are you referring to? And what's the PDC?

Thanks for the responses.

For the OP i would like to know if you did the instal yourself or had it done somewhere. If you did it by yourself I would like to know how you bypassed the most system in the car? PLease let me know as i am very interested to know. But hey it looks amazing and clean.

I installed it myself. There's nothing to bypass. I just had to relocate the stock radio to the trunk to retain chimes and PDC.

OOO right that is correct my mistake the 3 series do not have a most in the radio i am thinking of the 5 series and 7 series oops lol. By putting the stock radio in the trunk i know you said you got it from ebay but everytime i look for the connectors on ebay i never find any were did you get the connectors from? Did you cut off the oem connector and extend all the wiring in to the trunk? sorry for all the questions

Ebay.

You will have to excuse me if all my questions seem to be on the ignorant side, I am really not savvy when it comes to car tech but I am looking to become educated enough for when I take it into the installer shop and for personal maintenance going forward.

Can you please explain the not wanting to cut up the dash and climate control. I saw the Connect2 and Metra installation instructions for the double din with the navi on top and climate controls below. Besides the filing down of the edges of the climate control less than a 1/4 of an inch, I don't see anything in the instructions about cutting into the dash and the climate controls. Am I missing something or was that part not included in the documentation?

I've only had my car for a little over a month, what chimes are you referring to? And what's the PDC?

Thanks for the responses.

The chimes he is referring to would be the seatbelt reminer chimes the warnign lights on the cluster and pdc is park distance control aka backup sensors

Thank you Mazda_3. I don't mind losing those. I don't have the PDC in my car and I find the seatbelt warning highly annoying, the clicking of the signal indicator too. I haven't heard any of the other chimes yet but I don't think I will miss them too much.

As long as I don't lose the OBC, I think I'll be happy.