AVIC411.com

Avic N4 issues after moved into new car

I have an Avic N4 that I had the original installer who runs a large reputable car toy shop take out of my old car and install into my new car. Initially the Nav arrow tracked sideways and backwards. Took it back, after many hours and multiple calls to Pioneer for tech support they were able to “erase” the original car orientation memory and get it to track properly.

Then the new car had a fuel pump issue and wouldn’t start so car was towed to the dealer. When the car dealer returned the car to me, the perfectly operating Avic had multiple issues: no rear view camera, no XM, no dim nighttime display as selected in the settings, and eject button wouldn’t spit out the nav disk; just kept clicking & trying & wouldn’t quit trying until ignition shut off.

Returned car to electronic shop, and they believe car battery had been run down requiring jump start at the dealer. The dealer did tell me it was dead when it had been towed in. Had plenty of zip when I gave it to the tow guy. I know not to jump start the car to prevent a blast of current from zapping the electronics, but I guess the dealer or tow operator didn’t!

At the end of 8 hours of labor the electronic shop was able to get the camera & XM working. XM module required multiple resets & reboots and resending of signal to finally receive the channels.

They never could get the disk to eject to allow cd playing so I’ve no idea if that works anymore. And they don’t have a clue how to deal with the nighttime setting. Does anybody here have any ideas?

Perhaps the installer never removed the nav disk before he removed the Avic from the old car & the disk moved out of it’s “spot” during the reinstall & jammed.

• 2 weeks later...