AVIC411.com

***Please Help... F700BT problem ***

I have a f700bt not currently installed in car.. (i bought it used..) I hooked it up to a 12v power source (red&yellow wire to positive - Black wire to negative) and it turned on fine but started rebooting after 10 or so seconds, so i did the latest update (2.006) and it worked.. but the only setting i can press are "AV Settings" and "AV sound" everything else is grayed out...and when I press "AV Source" all I can press is "AM" and "FM", when i press either fm or am it reboots... it also reboots when i press "eject". Is there something wrong with it? or is it because I don't have it installed in a car?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

the grayed out buttons are normal until you ground the parking brake wire as said before, the rebooting from FM or AM is very odd, and there should be no difference between hooked up on a bench or in the car, i would try doing the update again and see if that helps any.

Yea everything worked after I grounded the park break wire.. BUT pressing AM and FM still cause it to reboot repeatedly.. talked with tech support.. they told me I should bring in for service.. anyone know a ball park price range for how much that will cost me? I really don't wanna pay an arm and both legs.. Thanks!