AVIC411.com

dual zone

Does anybody know, on dual zone headunits such as the avic z110BT, can other outputs be sent to additonal monitors? I interested in having my nav, DVD and back-up cam play on my top monitor at all times and the other things on the bottom screen. Is this type of separation possible in dual zone mode?

post-32868-12872759739488_thumb.jpg

"Dual Zone' means you only get two choices.... so you CAN have the Ipod Video OR DVD playing on your main screen and the other playing on the rear-view monitor. But, you can select which output you want on which screen, or you can show the same output on both.

Regarding the rear view monitor, in order to send the image to the rearmonitor you might have to put in a splitter and route one output to the rear-cam and the other to the AV-2 input... assuming you still want to have the usual 'rear-cam' features. I've been considering doing this for my conversion van.

So basically only the video stuff can go to my top screen? like dvd, or ipod video playback? I can't send the nav screen from the headunit to the top monitor? I would REALLY rather have the navigation info showing from th top monitor. Thanks for the comments

So basically only the video stuff can go to my top screen? like dvd, or ipod video playback? I can't send the nav screen from the headunit to the top monitor? I would REALLY rather have the navigation info showing from th top monitor. Thanks for the comments

You are correct. You cannot send NAV to the external monitor.

Can anybody explain to me why manifacturers (not just Pioneer)allow ONLY video or dvd to go to the external monitors ?? Why can't they allow you to see the exact same screen as in front ?

Don't they know that people would like to see gps, the ipod screen, xm etc. on the headrest monitors?(I know it would be cool to put gps on the back screen of my taxi for clients!)

Honnestly is there any logical reason for this other than piss off customers! I just don't get it.

It like when you see Steve Jobs at the Apple convention who as the cable connected to his ipod that show the full sceen on the tv for the presentation; but if you buy the apple cable you can only show videos on your tv!! It not like it impossible to do.

At least for the ipod you can jailbreak it and use apt like tv out or screensplitr for cydia to do it.

It's those kind of limitation that want me to give a slap on the head of the manifacturers!

Can anybody explain to me why manifacturers (not just Pioneer)allow ONLY video or dvd to go to the external monitors ?? Why can't they allow you to see the exact same screen as in front ?

Don't they know that people would like to see gps, the ipod screen, xm etc. on the headrest monitors?(I know it would be cool to put gps on the back screen of my taxi for clients!)

Honnestly is there any logical reason for this other than piss off customers! I just don't get it.

It like when you see Steve Jobs at the Apple convention who as the cable connected to his ipod that show the full sceen on the tv for the presentation; but if you buy the apple cable you can only show videos on your tv!! It not like it impossible to do.

At least for the ipod you can jailbreak it and use apt like tv out or screensplitr for cydia to do it.

It's those kind of limitation that want me to give a slap on the head of the manifacturers!

I am with you on this... If the thing would send the Nav Screen to the video out display, then I would be putting in a HUD for the Nav in a heartbeat. Far safer to be looking at the windshield for my Nav instructions/map instead of down at the lower dash. Seems almost stupid that they would disable the nav screen from being output to the Vid Out.

Does anybody know, on dual zone headunits such as the avic z110BT, can other outputs be sent to additonal monitors? I interested in having my nav, DVD and back-up cam play on my top monitor at all times and the other things on the bottom screen. Is this type of separation possible in dual zone mode?[attachment=0]DSC00917.JPG[/attachment]

I originally bought the top screen, because in japan the Honda nsx has the top screen for navigation. It has a dvd-rom player and everything, BUT alpine wanted nearly $400 for an upgraded dvd and i got the F90BT for $545 shipped. I thought with the a/v outputs on the head unit that i could move the nav to the top screen. Just seemed stupid to pay $400 for a damn dvd-rom on an old system. I like the f90bt especially after i updated it last week, but to route the other outputs to the top screen.

• 1 month later...

This is possible on my AVIC-Z1. Are you saying that when I upgrade to the Z110BT that I won't be able to have my navigation map that is displayed on the front screen also displayed on the two back screens (headrest monitors)? That is odd. I wonder why they made that change. Now all three monitors can show the map or I can show satellite TV or DVD on the rear monitors and have just the navigation map on the front monitor. It's called mirrored view or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my AVIC-Z110BT installed this past Saturday, December 26th. I am finding that I can't mirror the head unit display on the two rear headrest monitors. :-( On my AVIC-Z1, I can show the navigation maps/screen on the front head unit and the two headrest monitors supporting the rear seat passengers. I can also show the XM satellite radio screen on my Z1 to the front and rear monitors at the same time. I can share the DVD video to the front and rear screens. AM/FM radio can be shared to the front and rear. However, on my Z110BT, I can only seem to get it to share/mirror the DirecTV satellite signal. I can't share any suggestions? I thought I read earlier in the thread that this could be done as it was on the Z1, but right now I don't see how it is done.

I did that but it is still not working. I think the installer must have connected something the wrong way. Satellite TV works, but it will not show XM Radio on the rear headrest monitors. It will not show the navigation maps. It will not show my iPod screen on the back monitors. If I could get it so that it would show XM Radio, DVDs, navigation maps, iPod screens and satellite TV on the front and the two headrest monitors, I would be REALLY happy. The Z1 did this. Everything I have read in the manual suggests that this is also doable (page 158 of the Z110BT manual).