AVIC411.com

security question on the F900BT

I am wondering, since it isnt detachable face, what security features are installed on these so if someone steals it they cant use it?

All I could find was something that locked out the nav portion.

I know with eclipse DD units when power is disconnected you need to insert a certain cd and play and certain track you programmed into it.

I can get a used 900bt used for $420 shipped right now but this is an issue and always has been.

What about the Z series like z1, z2 and z3?

If the power is disconnected, it locks the whole unit until a password you've chosen is entered. Without this password, the only way to get the unit unlocked is to send it back to Pioneer, and they won't unlock it without proof of purchase. I'd be worried about buying it used unless it's someone you know and you have the password to unlock it.

yes the pac swips will fork for all the f series,

as for the password thing, think about this, how will the person that is breaking into your car know that the radio will not function once they remove it? or will they only relize this AFTER they take it, in which case, you still have a hole in your dash and probably some dammage to the car. will the theif return the unit after they find out that they can't use it? probably not. so what does the password actually do, it doesn't deter theives from taking it, it doesn't help you recover it, and heavens forbid that you forget your password and somthing silly happens like your battery dies, then your really in trouble.

if your worried about it getting taken and you actually want to do somthing that matters, i reccomend looking into getting an alarm, or at least making sure you insurance company will cover it if stolen.

yes the pac swips will fork for all the f series,

as for the password thing, think about this, how will the person that is breaking into your car know that the radio will not function once they remove it? or will they only relize this AFTER they take it, in which case, you still have a hole in your dash and probably some dammage to the car. will the theif return the unit after they find out that they can't use it? probably not. so what does the password actually do, it doesn't deter theives from taking it, it doesn't help you recover it, and heavens forbid that you forget your password and somthing silly happens like your battery dies, then your really in trouble.

if your worried about it getting taken and you actually want to do somthing that matters, i reccomend looking into getting an alarm, or at least making sure you insurance company will cover it if stolen.

I agree with getting an alarm, not just for theft of the stereo, but theft of the vehicle itself. I'm sure that word spreads around those who steel stereos that steeling these particular ones won't do them any good, because without the password they're basically left with a un-useable, unsellable brick that won't make them a penny.