AVIC411.com

USB 1GB stick probs on an F910BT UK Model

Hiya guys

Wierd goings on, anyone had this before?

Before I start, Pioneers TECH UK havent seen this one apparently, and as the units only a week old, want me to return to the seller, great...... took me three hours to install with all the hardwired mods (Reversing light, Speed Pulse) so i really am looking forwards to removing it!)

The unit installed fine, no problems at all

The Headunit needed the firmware update, but I only got it installed Sunday afternoon so decided to wait for that until this week

Now, heres the problem

1) If the unit is turned on and there is NO USB memory stick attached, the unit boots up and works no problem at all, but if I connect the USB stick, it then accesses it constantly (Light on USB stick is flashing) but thats as far as I get, cannot select USB MEMORY STICK from the menu

2) If I plug the USB stick in BEFORE I power up, the unit then shows the splash screen, then sats "System Startup please wait) or words to that effect and then after a short period, reboots, and goes through it again, in a continuous loop, splash screen, system startup, reboot, splash screen, system startup, reboot.....

on and on... and on... and on

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Pioneer Tech say they havent seen this, and suggest returning the unit, the suppliers suggest doing the firmware update (Done this, no change) and also trying another USB Stick which I will get tomorrow

Anyone seen this one??

Any help appreciated before this nice new head unit gets broken by a very frustrated End User :)

Chris

Try a different usb stick or an sd card instead.

One of my F910's automatically started playing the usb music as soon as the unit booted, even though when i switched off the ignition the radio was playing , i tried a different usb stick and it was fine, radio started playing.

Paul.

Hey Paul!

Sorted!!

Turns out the stick I was using was formatted using the FAT file system, the unit really only likes Fat32 lol

Mine also starts playing as soon as its plugged in, but once connected, if the units off then turned on again, I can select the USB as the source, or something else doesnt start straight away once its connected all the time

another lesson learned :)

Chris