AVIC411.com

No street names in 3D map after upgrade + clock wrong

Just did the map and firmware upgrades on my F700BT and now the street names don't show up in 3D map mode.

Also, my clock is acting funny. With auto-correct on it says I'm in Idaho - I'm actually one state over in Oregon - so the clock is fast by one hour. I turned auto-correct off and set the correct time zone. That corrected the time on the map screen but not on the radio/iPod screens which are still one hour fast.

This upgrade has been a PITA so far....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, found the "fix" for the street names issue but the clock is still FUBAR.

Any help here?

So far both osubeaver and myself have the exact same problem, and we're both in Oregon. The "Auto sets me to Idaho" problem's been there since 1.0 days. I have noticed that if it takes the GPS a while to lock (like it does with the radio on my desk) that the time gets set correctly in the non-iG0 apps too. If the lock is quick (as it is with the radio in my car, which doesn't get constant power removed between uses) then the hour is ahead by 1 hour until I go into Settings->GPS & Time->Date & Time and turn auto on, then off or bump the hour up and then down by 1. Then when I go back to the non-iGo screens the time has been set correctly.

I'm interested to see what the behavior is after Nov. 1st when DST goes away. If things start getting set right again, it might be possible that the WinCE DST settings play a part.

Great...misery loves company :)

So why don't Washington and California have the same issues, or do they? A quick look at a map might have been in order for whomever wrote that part of the program.

This probably doesn't matter but did you guys order your upgrades direct from Pioneer or a third party?

I'm particularly P.O.'d at this because I paid full price, minus a 20% discount, thanks to an email from Pioneer, then found out I could have gotten it cheaper. Maybe I'd feel better about the sloppy programming if I felt that I'd gotten a deal.

So why don't Washington and California have the same issues, or do they? A quick look at a map might have been in order for whomever wrote that part of the program.

Yeah, it's freakin' hilarious. WA users apparently don't have the problem, there was a user that saw his clock jump ahead an hour when he drove south across the bridge to Astoria from WA, and then fall back to the right hour driving back north across back into WA. Can't describe how annoyed I was to spend the $60 x2 (one for the car, one for my dev system) only to find out iGo 8.3 *still* has the problem. To be fair, my iPaq 310 that runs iGo 8.0 also has the same bug with the auto-correction, so the fault lies with NavNGo and not with Pioneer in this *rare* case. The autocorrection timezone bug was supposedly fixed in iGo 8 R3 (i.e. 8.3) so I'm not sure why our ezrider still sets things wrong. Maybe there's a data file it relies on that has the actual bug...?

Now that still doesn't explain why, as soon as I see "Mobile phone has been connected" on my car's F90BT screen during the boot process that the clock will jump ahead an hour if by some miracle it started out correct. I need to re-pair my phone with my desk system to see if it exhibits the same behavior or not, it may just be coincidence that the phone pairing event is timed with the clock getting set ahead in the non-iGo apps.

Awesome...

I called the #800, sat on hold for 15 min., was eventually told by the operator that he was transferring me to the Nav group who could "easily fix the problem", then received a message that "To ensure top of the line customer service...," (or words to that effect) the Nav group would be in training today for 2 hours so I should call back later.

Now that is "Top of the line customer service..."!

Now that still doesn't explain why, as soon as I see "Mobile phone has been connected" on my car's F90BT screen during the boot process that the clock will jump ahead an hour if by some miracle it started out correct. I need to re-pair my phone with my desk system to see if it exhibits the same behavior or not, it may just be coincidence that the phone pairing event is timed with the clock getting set ahead in the non-iGo apps.

Looks to be coincidence that I see the clock on the Suby's F90BT jump ahead when the phone pairing message shows up. The desk's F90BT will also have the time jump ahead if the GPS locks quickly, phone or no phone. Did notice that if I go into explorer and run the Date/Time adjustment control panel after everything's launched that the non-iGo apps will reflect the system time I set. Guess it's time to see if this works (set via sys.txt):

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

I see that you found a fix for the street names.

What is it? lol

I called the 1-800 number and was told someone would call me back.

Still waiting.

When I installed the update SD cards I got through the first on no problem then got the info it asked for when installing the second sd card. I got the passwoerd from the pioneer site then started installing the second card.

it got to 3% and stopped. I ended up haveing to take the deck out of my truck and send it to Pioneer after 2 weeks I get it back and there are no street names on 3d. I also noticed that on my regular rout to work I drive down a road that has been there for 2 years and for some reason the brand new maps say I am no longer on a road. This road was put in before the 15 - 7 story buildings were put in. Yo uwould think that brand new maps of a major city would show a 2 to 3 year old road.

I see that you found a fix for the street names.

What is it? lol

You have to set the Auto Zoom Out to 500 feet or less. At 500 ft. it limits the amount of streets you can "see" ahead but it's not too bad.

Re: Clock settings.

I finally got through to the navigation group help line. The guy I spoke with tried to replicate the clock problem but couldn't since he was in CA. He said he was going to create a case file that would go to engineering in both the US and Japan which may or may not result in a fix when a new patch update comes out. He couldn't tell me when the update was coming but did say there is one in the works.

The guy tried to be as helpful as possible so I give him credit for that but it is still irritating to have something as simple as a clock that can't be manually set to the correct time.

Checked the registry, the entries for time zones (under "HKLM\Time Zones\") seem to indicate the DST stuff mandated by the Energy Policy Act has been applied to the WinCE 5.0 Platform Builder that Pioneer's using, so much for hoping it was stale TZ rules and auto DST screwing up the hour. :(

Guess it's time to see if this works (set via sys.txt):

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0
multi_timezone=1

These settings seemed to work for the dev system to address the clock +1hr issue, though it will sort of break the ability to set the time from iGo 8 since it won't show the same time in the form as the system time it sets. Using the "Down" or "Up" buttons in the Time Settings screen, I was able to move the system time's hour down and up, all the while the iGo clock remained at the same value. But iGo did leave the system time alone after each boot, so once the time was set right it stayed put. Seems to me like there's an iGo script bug somewhere that needs squishing, going to go hunting later.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!!

I have been calling Pioneer for 2 weeks now and they cant figure it out.

I keep calling and they tell me they will have the supervisor call me.

I have called them this morning for the 4th time and the tech I talked to said 'the supervisor has been sick for 2 days so you will just have to wait till monday"

He got very rude when I asked him why I had not been called back the 3 previous times I called. Then I am sure he was about to hang up on me when I commented on how when I promise to call someone back I actualy do.

Anyways its a good thing this form is here because the Pioneer service department is F%#KEN usless.

Okay, found the "fix" for the street names issue but the clock is still FUBAR.

Any help here?

What was the fix for the street names? I see you said auto zoom but I have no clue how to set that.

1. Touch [Visual] on the "Navi Settings" Menu. The "Visual Settings" screen appears.

2. If "Smart Zoom" is [On] touch the little wrench. This brings up a detailed settings screen where you can set the zoom out limit.