AVIC411.com

MSN Direct $99 Lifetime NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I just checked their site, and the lifetime membership option is no longer available. They are only offering $50 per year now. I called to verify and I did give MSN direct a piece of my mind. I am still on my free trial, and was expeciting to renew for $99 lifetime...

I was able to find that Best buy still has one-time prepaid cards available for $129.95 with free shipping and no tax.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8024996566

I just ordered it.

The fine print says:

Restrictions for the One-time Navigation Service Subscription Card:

Service is not transferable to a new owner if you sell or give away the device, and may not be transferred to a different device. Service is not guaranteed after January 1, 2014.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Service is not guaranteed after January 1, 2014.

Not to be a cynic but I am assuming that in 2014 the service will change or something so we will need to renew or upgrade memberships. But at that point the services we are buying today will probably be lame in comparison to what will be current so we will probably want to upgrade. But if I am correct, $130 is a for three years is still a better deal then $150 (also assuming the yearly price stays at $50). So now I am just arguing with my self.

I just checked their site, and the lifetime membership option is no longer available. They are only offering $50 per year now. I called to verify and I did give MSN direct a piece of my mind. I am still on my free trial, and was expeciting to renew for $99 lifetime...

I was able to find that Best buy still has one-time prepaid cards available for $129.95 with free shipping and no tax.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8024996566

I just ordered it.

The fine print says:

Restrictions for the One-time Navigation Service Subscription Card:

Service is not transferable to a new owner if you sell or give away the device, and may not be transferred to a different device. Service is not guaranteed after January 1, 2014.

My question has more to do with the unit itself rather than the adaptors but does Best Buy carry this model unit Z110BT? Reason I ask is because my friend works for Best Buy and they usually get a pretty good discount on things. Let me know if you guys know anything. Thanks

Service is not guaranteed after January 1, 2014.

Not to be a cynic but I am assuming that in 2014 the service will change or something so we will need to renew or upgrade memberships. But at that point the services we are buying today will probably be lame in comparison to what will be current so we will probably want to upgrade. But if I am correct, $130 is a for three years is still a better deal then $150 (also assuming the yearly price stays at $50). So now I am just arguing with my self.

You are guarenteed service for atleast 4 years for the $130 prepaid card. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. I thought it was worth the savings.

You are guarenteed service for atleast 4 years for the $130 prepaid card. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. I thought it was worth the savings.

WOW I really need to learn how to count, that or sober up when I am on here... Ya I agree you will likely save with this "bulk" membership and with that forth year (I am so stupid), it sounds even better. I am just grumbling about what will happen in '14 and their term "Lifetime". Actually I am thinking of getting one of those from BB now even though I probably wont have the Z110 till later this year.

I dont think the disclaimer indicates you wont get service any longer after 2014. It indicates to me that this offer may not be valid after 2014.

I took it to mean that they likely have contracts with companies providing the data that expire in 2014 and that is why the service might go away then.... "Lifetime" means lifetime of a great dane i guess :)

Ordered a $129.99 lifetime card from Best Buy Friday. Got an email this morning saying the order has been canceled and my funds have been refunded to the card that was used. Then I went to Bestbuy.com to try and find them again, and sure enough, not available. In fact, it doesn't look like you can find anything for MSN Direct on the Best Buy site now. Their splash page is still up but it goes nowhere. Great, guess I'll be returning that ND-MDT10...

Just found a store in South Denver that has them. $129.99+tax. I have one on hold, but I can pick up as many as they have if I have interested parties that want me to get them one.

I hope I don't regret doing this, but call/text me before 11:30 MST today if you want me to get you one. I'd ask that all payments be paypal and include enough to cover the transfer fees and mailing it to you.

If this goes against any rules of the forums I'll remove it immediately.

Regards, JR

303*501*6886

I got one from Best Buy in Houston last Friday and had no problems setting it up online. So if I go buy these all up from the Best Buy I could make some money.. LOL just kidding guys.. I will go and see tonight if they still have them if so I will buy a few some and get them for any of you that want them. I will post tonight and you can PM me if you want them.. just paypal me the cost plus $5. for my time and postage they are yours.