AVIC411.com

question on the F900BT

I just got it and put in my truck. I still have to try and reprogram the PAC module to work the steering controls. But one thing I noticed is the touchscreen sucks. I have to press hard sometimes or a couple of times.

Is there any settings to adjust this?

Is it possible the PAC module is too old to work with this unit? I have had it for a couple of years.

ok I got it all working, now few questions software in it was 1.0017, even though the box said 2.0 update, and the nav worked just grounding the parking brake. Then I updated to the 2.006 version, now the startup seems slower. The nav still worked while driving. But movies didnt over 20mph. So I swapped out the wire in the back becuase I couldnt get it to go into the testmode(the newer version I believe is 2.3 doesnt have the Micap folder in it).

Now my questions are with the 2.006 do I need to use the older testmode folder to be able to change stuff or should this 2.3 work?

I had my AVIC N2 in the truck before this, using the nav it always pointed up. so it was always going the direction I was and it had close up view. Does this system or any mod out there that will do this? It is much easier knowing the streets I am coming up to on my left and right.

Can I also display the nav screen to the video out? My kids like to look at it while we are driving sometimes.

After updating the bluetooth it took a good 10 minutes for the deck to auto connect to my phone. But it all worked except It didnt do anything for SMS texting.(which I thought I read it could)

There was also an issue where I go and try to edit nav settings but its locked out.

Sorry guys, I tried looking for all this but kept coming up with everything but. Forum needs alittle rearraging.

I had my AVIC N2 in the truck before this, using the nav it always pointed up. so it was always going the direction I was and it had close up view. Does this system or any mod out there that will do this? It is much easier knowing the streets I am coming up to on my left and right.

ouyt of the box it will only do north up or 3D there is no heading up for the map, the 3.0 update is supposed to fix this

Can I also display the nav screen to the video out? My kids like to look at it while we are driving sometimes.

it will only send videos that are playing out to aux screens

...it all worked except It didnt do anything for SMS texting.(which I thought I read it could)

mine has never given any notice for texts of any kind, nor does any of my co-workers AVIC's

There was also an issue where I go and try to edit nav settings but its locked out.

did you ground the parking brake wire AND move the mute wire and ground it also(aka hardware bypass) if not then you will not have access to most menu's

yes both wires were grounded. but however I am going to try and update to the 3.0 download found on here

If both wires are grounded then it's not done correctly, since they have nothing to do with software versions.

Installing 3.0 won't solve the issue of the bypass not being done properly.