AVIC411.com

DAMN!

Any hacks? What kind of hardware is it? If it's anything recent-ish, it should be able to play lower-bitrate video.

This is wince 5.0 platform based device, but has been crippled by Pioneer to make sure people would prefer higher end devices. Unfortunately in crippling this, they also screwed up lot stuff.

If we can get to Shell, probably we can hack, but not yet, not seeing much hope based on user base for this unit.

Hey guys, does this unit have video playback?

No, unfortunately not. But it runs WinCE 5.0, so there's no reason it couldn't from a technical standpoint; maybe a future hack will support video, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

If we can get to Shell, probably we can hack, but not yet, not seeing much hope based on user base for this unit.

From reading some of the other forums, it seems like they managed to access the shell using the Pioneer Firmware update. We may have to wait until one is available, unless the European update is sufficient. I wish I had time to fuss around with it, but I've working 80 hours a week lately, so that's a no go right now for me.

Thats kind of funny because it runs the same nav software as the Z110BT. I would have thought it ran the same OS as well.

I think the core is pretty much same between Windows Automotive and WinCE. There seems to be some differences in HMI layer, and support for something like themes in Windows Automotive. More than likely the same software would work on both platforms with correct driver library.