AVIC411.com

Bypassing F9110bt gone wrong!

hey i just bought the scirocco volkswagen

and we ordered it with a pioneer F9110BT

but we could do hardly anything with it while driving or standing still in acc only when engine is running and PB is on but that totally sucks.

so i went looking on the internet on how to bypass the parking brake.

and every forum i looked on they all said: replace the mute wire and ground it whit the PB

so i did that, but then without grounding the 2 wires to the frame but just soldering them together,

and i turned on the car and then he asked for a password (i know the pass) but i cant type it in on the screen the whole key pad was gray.

so i undid the bypass and still nothing works ...

now i dont have anything >.<

what went wrong ?

Replace the MUTE WIRE with the PB?

You have to MOVE the mute wire in its block to a point on the other side of the same block between two BLACK wires, and ensure its pushed FULLY HOME and the actual pin isnt damaged when you remove it from the first hole, you did this?

THEN you join this newly pinned MUTE Wire to the PB wire, and ground them using the BLACK wire on the ISO connectors

You did this?

Chris

I am confused as to why you just spliced the two wires together without grounding them to either the frame or the black ground to the deck when it clearly tells you to do so. As far as the password, I have NEVER been asked for a password....ever, except when I updated to the 3.0 version. My suggestion is to redo the bypass and follow the directions 100% and do not take shortcuts. You also have to make sure that when relocating the mute wire pin that it is inserted properly. If not, you will have an error message come up. Good luck!

i redid the bypass dubbel checked every thing but still he starts up and stops at asking for a password that i can't type in because i can't push any buttons. so software screwed up or somthing ?

is it the power supply connector maybe? because its not like the normal one

i made a picture of it

18102009071.th.jpg

the black box is for the remote steering wheel they said

but also the PB wire is coming from there, so i thought that the black box procces a digital signal from the volkswagen and sends back the info to the pioneer

cus the only wires that come from the VW are speaker wires, ground, and

+UB , N.C. , CAN-FZG , CAN-FZG

i guess thats just digital signals that tell if the PB is active

did your constant power wire connection come undone or is it loose? usually I get the password request after coming out of testmode or playing with power connections only. maybe you have pulled your ground wire loose, that can do just about the same thing. (it still grounds through the antenna, I think)

Yes, that is definately not the bypass wire. You have to follow the instructions here:

viewtopic.php?t=17013

You should not have attempted this until you were 100% at what you were doing. Failure to do so, can permanently ruin your unit. My suggestion is to go in reverse and UNDO EVERYTHING that you have done!, and then follow the directions that I just gave you the link to.

Either you messed up the hardware or software. This is easy. You say that you put everything the way it was, so that leaves it to the software. There is two ways to fix this. 1) reinstall your backup 2) If you have 3.0 installed and NO BACKUP, then download the hacked version, do not go through the install, but rather copy 'My Flashdisk' found in the x910bt.zip file and install that after erasing your entire flashdisk.

Did you press the reset button on the unit? If not, try that. Also, try and find out what the proceeder is for entering the password if you disconnect the battery. If you call the dealer, tell them you had disconnect the battery and now you have this problem. See if they know something you don't about how to enter the password.

hey i just boucht the scirocco volkswagen

and we ordert it whit a pioneer F9110BT

but we could do hardly anything whit it while driving ore standing stil in acc only when engine is running and PB is on but that totaly sucks.

so i went looking on the internet on how to bypass the parking brake.

and every forum i looked on they al said : replace the mute wire and ground it whit the PB

so i did that , but then whit out grounding the 2 wires to the frame but just soldering them together,

and i turnd on the car and omf he askes for a password (i know the pass) but i cant tipe it in ón the screen the hole key pad was gray

so i undid the bypass and still nothing works ...

no i dont have anything >.<

what went wrong ?

Your problem is with the (required for most input) handbrake ON signal, so why mess around with the mute signal?

The handbrake on situation is on the can bus interface and 'translated' in the little box in the harness to a hard ground - handbrake on- or 12 Volts - handbrake off-, to the light green wire from the can interface to the avic.

I have the same AVIC in my VW and all I did was cut the light green cable, insulate the wire coming from the can interface and grounding the part going to the AVIC. This way, the avic always senses that the handbrake is applied. Did you have the handbrake on when trying to enter yor pasword ? -)

yes i tried putting in the pass with and without handbrake didn't work

but what is the shit whit the mute wire then ?

ofc it makes sense to ground the PB but yeah if every clip or forum say's it also needs to be grounded whit the mute wire on an other pin place .. xD

but you say if the pioneer works again i should just ground the PB wire nothing more nothing less?