AVIC411.com

Pioneer Steering Wheel Remote

I had a Pioneer Steering Wheel remote (model # SR90) with my old AVX-P7300DVD. It was very convenient. Unfortunately, the SR90 remote does not work with my new U310BT.

Although all of their steering wheel remotes look the same, Pioneer still has many different model numbers out there.

Anyone know if any would work with the U310BT? I contacted Pioneer via Email and didn't get much help from them. This is what they said:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Most of our radio use the same remote control frequencies. Unfortunately

since no testing is performed with order remotes and new units there is not

a way for us to know for sure.However if you have the remote and the dealer

has the radio on the display that would be the best way to test their

compatibility.

Thank You

The unit has no IR remote sensor so there is NO remote that will work with it. Steering wheel controls are the only option. The PAC SWI-PS is the module that will interface with your car's steering wheel controls if you have them.

I can confirm that. This unit does not have IR receiver at all. So, your options are using wired steering wheel remote or Marine wired remote some thing like http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... ls/CD-MR70

• 3 weeks later...
The unit has no IR remote sensor so there is NO remote that will work with it.

...er, what about Bluetooth? if one can pipe driving directions to the unit via an iphone, why couldnt there be a BT-based wireless remote? has anyone heard of such a thing?

matt

If Pioneer had built that into the support of the unit it would be possible, but they didn't.