AVIC411.com

Restart AVIC without losing settings?

I have small problem with my AVIC-F900 and IPod; sometimes when I start my car Avic doesn't recognize my IPod, unplugging and reconnecting IPod doesn't help at all, so problem is not in loose connection, only way to fix this is restart AVIC. As there's no power button in AVIC, only ways to restart it is turn car on and off (not very useful) or press reset button in front panel with stylus, which clears all audio settings in AVIC (not useful too). Is it possible to programmatically restart AVIC without losing settings, or is only way to do this to add switch between AVIC power line?

Thanks for your suggestion, I've already tried couple of times to hard reset my iPod but it didnt help. When AVIC interface language is changed, avic asks if its ok to reboot and if clicked "yes", it reboots without losing audio settings, so it should be somehow possible :(

Thanks for your suggestion, I've already tried couple of times to hard reset my iPod but it didnt help. When AVIC interface language is changed, avic asks if its ok to reboot and if clicked "yes", it reboots without losing audio settings, so it should be somehow possible :(

If you look at Diaftia's mod, he has the ability to launch executables from iGo under Settings->Navi->Run (I have mine launching explorer.exe, for example). Testmode 2.3 includes a "restart" app that would let you soft-reset the unit, you could probably modify Diaftia's mod to launch "restart" from that screen (you'd have to copy "restart" to somewhere on "\My Flash Disk" so it's available if you don't have the Testmode SD card in).

I had this happen to me yesterday, and I was flipping out for the same reason.

If you hooked your iPod up to the computer just prior to this happening, you should reconnect it to the computer, and PROPERLY EJECT it. This fixed my problem.

This is different problem than mine, as I get my iPod to work again just restarting AVIC, no need to do anything with iPod. Its just annoying because AVIC boot time is slow, I've already driven one km from home when I recognize that iPod connection is not working and I should stop and shut down whole car to make it work again :(

If you look at Diaftia's mod, he has the ability to launch executables from iGo under Settings->Navi->Run (I have mine launching explorer.exe, for example). Testmode 2.3 includes a "restart" app that would let you soft-reset the unit, you could probably modify Diaftia's mod to launch "restart" from that screen (you'd have to copy "restart" to somewhere on "\My Flash Disk" so it's available if you don't have the Testmode SD card in).

Thanks for the tip! I will take a closer look into this.

You can hard wire a switch to the ignition power wire (red wire). That way all you have to do is flip a switch to turn off your head unit. It should work the same as turning off the car, because the battery power wire (yellow wire) would still be connected. I would suggest you either mount the switch somewhere it can't accidentally be switched, or use a switch with a cover.

Edit: Corrected wire color.