AVIC411.com

Updated Maps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated maps, but not working :(

When I use the hacked ezrider.exe the unit will not start, hangs on "System starting" for 5 or so minutes then restarts. I have the 2 extra license files the Generic World and the Generic Add-on file in the igo directory and the igo/license directory

When I switch back to the stock ezrider.exe, my system boots but does not recoqnize the map files.

So, I am having issues with my hacked copy of ezrider or the license files

Note that my system claims to be running firmware 3.2

Any help would be appreciated

i've seen a couple different hacked ezrider's. the one i used which works perfect is 6,283,288 bytes and has a date of 8/13/09. the license file i added was GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic

When I use the hacked ezrider.exe the unit will not start, hangs on "System starting" for 5 or so minutes then restarts. I have the 2 extra license files the Generic World and the Generic Add-on file in the igo directory and the igo/license directory

When I switch back to the stock ezrider.exe, my system boots but does not recoqnize the map files.

i've seen a couple different hacked ezrider's. the one i used which works perfect is 6,283,288 bytes and has a date of 8/13/09. the license file i added was GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic

I did have the wrong ezrider.exe, thanks for the help it is now working

did the wrong non-working ezRider come from my download? If it's broke, I'd like to at least take it down to keep the confusion to a minimum.

Weird. I'm having the same reboot problem, but I am using the hacked ezrider and license file that supposedly work. What I did was remove the building, dem, map, poi, and speedcam folders out from the flashdrive and then moved the updated folders from the download back on to the flashdrive. Do I need to rename the updated files at all? Is there something else I should do? Thanks,

Weird. I'm having the same reboot problem, but I am using the hacked ezrider and license file that supposedly work. What I did was remove the building, dem, map, poi, and speedcam folders out from the flashdrive and then moved the updated folders from the download back on to the flashdrive. Do I need to rename the updated files at all? Is there something else I should do? Thanks,

If u do the “GPSunderground” you will need to clear the Maps (all but base map), POI, Dem, and Speedcam all their content should go

1. Copy your 2009.6 to the corresponding folders (you might want to add a folder to inside each one of the folders on your SD card and name it “other” or whatever u want, where u can put the maps, POI, and buildings that u will not be using to save space … like that u can always install the needed maps when u approaching that area)

2. copy the entire license from the SD card to the license folder ADDING to the existing license

3. copy the hacked ezrider and OVERRIDING the existing one

4. Clear everything BUT favorite in your \My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save

Exit shutting the car off for at least 10 seconds than reboot

If the machine taking really long time to reboot or rebooting constantly than turn off the car insert the SD card and boot to windows go to the igo folder in myflashdrive and execute ezrider….it will take it some time...it will be crunching data for a bit... but once u get to the navigation setting screen you can turn the car off again wait for at least 10 seconds than boot again to windows execute again the ezrider now it should be much faster to get to the navigation…if so everything is working properly remove the SD card reboot again waiting for 10 seconds minimum and u should b able to enjoy your updated maps

No, I do not beleive my ezrider.exe came from you- My AVIC folder is fairly unorganized with multiple different mods and I beleive the one I was trying to use was from Ver 2 - it was a 2008 file date. :lol:

did the wrong non-working ezRider come from my download? If it's broke, I'd like to at least take it down to keep the confusion to a minimum.

Hi! Downloaded the new maps and now I'm looking for both the licence file and the new hacked ezriders... Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thx!

ok. downloaded the maps from gpsunderground, copied them to my avic maps folder... found an ezrider version on the web and copied this also with a licence... how come the dem files from the gpsunderground is a lot different from the original ones on the avic? there only is one dem file from gpsundergound... i removed them all from my avic and just used the one from the download...

first boot, the system would stay in "system starting please wait" and then reboot after 5 minutes...

went back into testmode and copied the basemap from my original setup...

next boot was fine BUT... looks like i only have the basemap loaded... the new maps ar not working. is this because of a bad ezrider or a licence?

any help would be appreciated!!

ok. downloaded the maps from gpsunderground, copied them to my avic maps folder... found an ezrider version on the web and copied this also with a licence... how come the dem files from the gpsunderground is a lot different from the original ones on the avic? there only is one dem file from gpsundergound... i removed them all from my avic and just used the one from the download...

first boot, the system would stay in "system starting please wait" and then reboot after 5 minutes...

went back into testmode and copied the basemap from my original setup...

next boot was fine BUT... looks like i only have the basemap loaded... the new maps ar not working. is this because of a bad ezrider or a licence?

any help would be appreciated!!

look at my post earlier it is all there just follow it make sure u have the right Ezrider and License than follow my post u should b fine :)