AVIC411.com

Hands Free Bluetooth poor sound quality

I have tried moving the stock microphone all over the car and the out going sound quality is terrible. The Z110 is in a Mercedes C class, I also have a F90bt in a Chevy Diesel Pickup and it sounds much better. Is there a better microphone available out there? I have read that part number CD-VM1 is a better choice than the stock CPM 1083. Has anyone tried the CD-VM1 or have any better choices?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have my mic located above my rear view mirror. I put electrical tape around the outside to cover the holes on the side and people have not complained since although I have not asked if the quality is ok. My idea was to keep the echo less and focus the sound picked up from the front holes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. My new 110 seemed to work OK when I first installed it. Now it's too the point no one can hear me. I have to scream to be heard on their end. This is the 4th Nav unit I've had in my truck in the last two years, JVC, Kenwood, and a F900. I work from my truck and bluetooth is a must along with Nav. I wish someone could make a product that works. I might have to switch back to my Kenwood. It's a shame, I like so much about the 110, but it missed on a few major pionts. I also sell and install these products. Hard to sell when my customers can't hear me on the phone. I bought this unit from Pioneer for $400 as a promo deal. Seems to be only be worth that. Frustrating!!

Feel your pain.

After setting all my presets, when you press the preset button (on screen) you get a list of 1 thru 6 of your presets. I guess the idea is that you can pull up the list of your presets and select the one you want. The screen shows 6 blank bars. I you press the bar, it will go to that preset but it doesn't show what the presets are. I can remember what most of them are for FM but my Sirius has so many presets it would be nice to save them and browse thru them. Follow?