AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

IDT, I have found following issue with you latest update. I use EU version from 02/15/10.

I go to search address, after typing correct address I'm on the planing screen and here the address is placed (shown) correctly. After I click "Add Dest" I'm moved to navigation screen on the map. However on that screen destination is places in wrong place and navigation tell to drive to wrong place. Usually it's about 1 mile moved.

With your previous mod (from 2009) everything was ok.

now this is weird, could you try reloading the original data.zip and try it and then reload the EU DATA.zip and try it too, not sure why this is happening, if the problem still continues i will look more deeply into it, anyone else having this problem?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-currently this has the subaru impreza rally car as the default 3D car

to change the 3D arrow to a car model

download the 3DCars.rar file on the download link provided and extract it

and you have to edit the sys.txt

change the current values of this

3dcarsizemin=2500 
3dcarsizemax=5000 
3dcarsizemul=15000 

to this

3dcarsizemin=5000 
3dcarsizemax=8000 
3dcarsizemul=30000 

and add this part to the [3D] section

car_day=hot_rod_red.mdl  
car_night=hot_rod_red.mdl
ghost_day=hot_rod_red.mdl
ghost_night=hot_rod_red.mdl

you now have to transfer the desired carmodel and tex file to the gfx folder in the data.zip and change the names of the above code to your selected car model name, i haven't tested every car model out as i already like the hot_rod car, but it's just a trial and error thing

How do I transfer in to the gfx folder? It wont allow me . I tried change the text in there and i just get a arrow

IDT,

Some Questions:

I currently have diaftia's mod on my unit and i want to try your mod. Can I just overwrite the files or do I have to go back to fresh 3.01?

Also: You have the msn version and the alternate msn version. what is the difference?

yes u can overwrite it I just did. Use the msn and if it does not work use the alternate.

Hi IDT,

I use your latest mod, and i'm curious do you know how to change the phone link from Phone menu to PhoneBook ?

Now when you click on the green handset the Phone Menu from AVIC is shown (there you have the dial pad, incoming/outgoing calls). Instead of this view I'd like to see the PhoneBook view where I can find person I want to call. Is it possible ??

Can you post me what to change to achieve following behaviour:

- short click on the green handset: open Phonebook

- long click on the green handset: open Phone Menu (as is now).

i will try to figure out how this could work, i'm not aware of any commands that would lead to the phonebook but i'll try

I made some testing and what I found:

- power up avic, connect mobile phone

- i'm in the navigation mode and press green handset -> move me to Phone Menu.

- Now I click Menu hard button and click on the contacts

- from the contacts view I click hard button MAP I'm back in the navigation mode.

- now when I press again green handset it moves me to contacts instead of phone menu.

- if now i manually go to phone menu and get back to map, next click on the green handset moves me back to phone menu.

So probably the command

onrelease='EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "Tel" "WM_APP_AV_IGOMAP" 0'

is ok, but the is some other variable that define where to go.

I hope it will help. On Friday I will make some more testing, to check if it's working after avic power off/on. Later I'll try to take a look on the user files. If i find anything interesting I'll let you know.

IDT, I have found following issue with you latest update. I use EU version from 02/15/10.

I go to search address, after typing correct address I'm on the planing screen and here the address is placed (shown) correctly. After I click "Add Dest" I'm moved to navigation screen on the map. However on that screen destination is places in wrong place and navigation tell to drive to wrong place. Usually it's about 1 mile moved.

now this is weird, could you try reloading the original data.zip and try it and then reload the EU DATA.zip and try it too, not sure why this is happening, if the problem still continues i will look more deeply into it, anyone else having this problem?

I checked twice reloading between 02/15/10 and last version from 09. On the 09 version everything is ok, on the 02/15 is something wrong. I hope to have some free time on friday to check alternative EU version and oryginal.

I'll keep informing you.

Can anybody else from EU confirm that issue ??

Maps are TA 2009.09.

I made some testing and what I found:

- power up avic, connect mobile phone

- i'm in the navigation mode and press green handset -> move me to Phone Menu.

- Now I click Menu hard button and click on the contacts

- from the contacts view I click hard button MAP I'm back in the navigation mode.

- now when I press again green handset it moves me to contacts instead of phone menu.

- if now i manually go to phone menu and get back to map, next click on the green handset moves me back to phone menu.

So probably the command

is ok, but the is some other variable that define where to go.

I hope it will help. On Friday I will make some more testing, to check if it's working after avic power off/on. Later I'll try to take a look on the user files. If i find anything interesting I'll let you know.

this code

is pretty much what we have regarding the phone shortcut, like i've said in my previous post regarding phone shortcut whatever the last state is in the phone menu thart's where the shortcut will go to

I checked twice reloading between 02/15/10 and last version from 09. On the 09 version everything is ok, on the 02/15 is something wrong. I hope to have some free time on friday to check alternative EU version and oryginal.

I'll keep informing you.

Can anybody else from EU confirm that issue ??

Maps are TA 2009.09.

i will look in to this,

i compared both EU zip files with the regular and can say that they are the same, could you try using the regular zip or the msn zip and see if it's still wrong, also, what map are you using? provide me with the map version and country and a destination where you always get wrong address and i will work on it on the weekend

This all looks great, but I have a question. Where are you supposed to put the NavTeq maps? On the first page it says to add a folder in your IGO folder and put them there, but everyone knows that there is not enough space to have another map file in place. I think that I have about 120 mb of space left and that is after I deleted a lot of maps that I dont use. Also, where can I find the basemap.fbl ?

This all looks great, but I have a question. Where are you supposed to put the NavTeq maps? On the first page it says to add a folder in your IGO folder and put them there, but everyone knows that there is not enough space to have another map file in place. I think that I have about 120 mb of space left and that is after I deleted a lot of maps that I dont use. Also, where can I find the basemap.fbl ?

in MYFLASHDISK\APL2\IGO\CONTENT and not in iGO folder, create a new folder and name it as map_nt, basemap.fbl should be found in your current map folder in MYFLASHDISK\APL2\IGO\CONTENT , there is a way for iGO to read content files from storage card (SD), i will still have to try this out but it won't be that hard as you just need to add something in the sys.txt for this to work, i'll have it figured out soon when i get a chance and have instructions for it,

i compared both EU zip files with the regular and can say that they are the same, could you try using the regular zip or the msn zip and see if it's still wrong, also, what map are you using? provide me with the map version and country and a destination where you always get wrong address and i will work on it on the weekend

I am running the same data zip and haven't had any issues regarding the correct address,It has worked fine for me everytime.The only thing i have noticed is that when i press the POI search button the search screen appears but doesn't list any results after i input a couple of letters.However if i try the same thing a little later it works!

ok last night I downloaded all the IDT files and then realized during insllation that I didnt know which files to use...so this is what I came up with;

I am on 3.01 firmware:

so I installed skin#2 3.01 and fuel calc

but after going through all this I am thinking I am missin something like : IDT 3.0 or 2.0 I dont know...

I want the whole mod, but should I have installed the IDT 3.0 before the skin#2 because I am missing some files ...like extension folder and the maps for map_nt folder I added.

So as for a step by step:

I think I shoud have done the IDT 3.0 install then the #2 skin ....right??? or not.

If some one would give me the right path thanks :?::?::?: