AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

Well, as I mentioned before, the map changer sis not working for me. When I first installed the mod, I went from TA to NT. Then i went to TA again and then to NT without a problem. I was then on NT for a couple of days and then I tried to go to TA. It would not switch over. The warning message came on and then it went to the Navi Settings screen and it just stayed there without restarting. The NT maps did not change. IDT, then told me to put everything back to normal, so I changed the 'map' folder which now had the NT maps in it to 'map_nt' and switched the TA maps from 'map_ta' to 'map'. Now, I got the TA maps as original, but I cannot switch to NT maps. There is definately something wrong!

when you renamed the folders did you delete the content of the save folder? i have used it so many times and haven't experienced any problem at all,

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you renamed the folders did you delete the content of the save folder? i have used it so many times and haven't experienced any problem at all,

No, I did not. I will try that later today. I usually dont delete the save data unless I am changing mods.

Hey IDT

Just wondering if there was a way to change the 3d car to any car of my preference.

I tried replacing the hot rod red car bmp with an image I wanted to use, but when I boot up the unit it has the same hot rod red image that was originally there.

Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks

Hey IDT

Just wondering if there was a way to change the 3d car to any car of my preference.

I tried replacing the hot rod red car bmp with an image I wanted to use, but when I boot up the unit it has the same hot rod red image that was originally there.

Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks

Maybe I'm missing something, but, I can't get the map changer to work. I created a new folder and named it maps_nt and copied the file. I downloaded the NT maps from another thread, but, I can't get them to fit on the AVIC. What am I doing wrong?

Simple, The Avic has only 2 gb of space on it so you cannot put the entire NT map on it as the size for the entire map is about 900 mb and you probably have only 200 mb left. Just install the map that you want to u7se such as, if you live in NY, only install the NY map. I live in Canada, and the map size is aprox 70 mb, so I was able to fit the entire Canada map on there but nothing else. If you want to go outside the map area, just switch back to TA

Maybe I'm missing something, but, I can't get the map changer to work. I created a new folder and named it maps_nt and copied the file. I downloaded the NT maps from another thread, but, I can't get them to fit on the AVIC. What am I doing wrong?

Simple, The Avic has only 2 gb of space on it so you cannot put the entire NT map on it as the size for the entire map is about 900 mb and you probably have only 200 mb left. Just install the map that you want to u7se such as, if you live in NY, only install the NY map. I live in Canada, and the map size is aprox 70 mb, so I was able to fit the entire Canada map on there but nothing else. If you want to go outside the map area, just switch back to TA

Perfect! Thanks for the help. I got it going. I just put in IL, IN, and WI since those are the three I drive through regularly.

IDT, this is a GREAT mod!!! I will give it the full work out this weekend when I drive around. Thanks you for all the hard work on this!

No, I did not. I will try that later today. I usually dont delete the save data unless I am changing mods.

The problem with the mapchanger was on my end :(. A lesson not to work on mods working 14 hr days and 3 hrs sleep :(. It works fine now!

IDT,

which config file refer to the dem file?

Looking into my dem folder, I found out that it was empty. I found some dem files and I was wondering how to know if the maps are using the dem file or any way to have the some dem on my maps. they all look flat.

it's in the map setting, can't remember where but it's in there,