AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

thanks for the input, i'm currently working on skin#3 and will try to have a simple navi view

The trick to getting a simple Navi view with lots of goodies is to have a collapsing screen like Diaftia's V2.3. He has more extras than ever before in ANY mod, and that can only be accomplished by a collapsing menu

i agree but what i dont get is why push a shortcut to get another set of shortcuts

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the input, i'm currently working on skin#3 and will try to have a simple navi view

The trick to getting a simple Navi view with lots of goodies is to have a collapsing screen like Diaftia's V2.3. He has more extras than ever before in ANY mod, and that can only be accomplished by a collapsing menu

i agree but what i dont get is why push a shortcut to get another set of shortcuts

Lol, it all depends how much extra you got. If you only have 5 or 6 extras, then you just need one button, but if you have a ton of goodies, then you need more than just 8 slots, and everything is neatly tucked away :).

Lol, it all depends how much extra you got. If you only have 5 or 6 extras, then you just need one button, but if you have a ton of goodies, then you need more than just 8 slots, and everything is neatly tucked away :).

we'll see how it goes, i have an idea on how to make a simple looking screen, i just have to implement it, hopefully i'll have it out soon with the rest of the updates for skin#1 and #2

Can someone please post the step by step instructions for the newbie? This looks great. Awesome job. I just dont want to brick my system due to not knowing what to do.

1) first off this is not an auto installer,

2)extract files and transfer all files to a freshly formatted SD card (for F500 users, you have to edit the device type part first to reflect the device type of the F500 before transfering it to the SD)

3)this already has testmode file so no need to add anything else

4)insert SD to unit,

5)boot up unit

***if this is your first time,PLEASE BACK UP YOUR FILES

6) copy DATA.ZIP, SYS.TXT, and DS-DIGI file to MYFLASHDISK\APL2\IGO

7) to add a different scheme, add the contents of scheme folder to MYFLASHDISK\APL2\IGO\CONTENT\SCHEME

**IT'S MANDATORY TO DELETE THE SAVE FILES, it's in My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save, everything should be deleted except for favourites.dat if you have it

8 ) once done copying turn off the unit, remove sd card and then turn unit on,

still no tripcomputer working

Join the crowd..Mine hasn't worked since the get-go. But all in all I LOVE IDT's mods!!

I dont understand what is not working on the tripcomputer! I have had it working on this mod when I had it installed prior and now I have Diaftias V 2.2 mod and it works on that one as well. I am using the 3.0 firmware, not the 3.01 or the 3.02 as I found that the updates were not worth the installation. I am a firm believer 'If it aint broke, Don't fix it'. I use the trip computer about 3-4 times a week and I have never had it NOT work, so I am confused why so many people are having problems

Hey, ABB,

Is there any way I can get you to post your "My Flash Disk" on a download site so I can try it in mine to see if it is a software problem with mine?

Thanx,

Bud

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the delay on the update, i know it's already overdue, i already have the map changer working and still working on the fuel calc, also added diafta's split screen and modified it to my liking, if i get a chance i might look into adding the theme changer but it all depends on how hard it is to implement and if time permits,

Julius.great to see you back.How's the new mod coming along?Looking forward to see what you've thought of this time :)

Yeah, you have been working on this for a while now. I am really looking forward to this. Any chance of some preview pics?

Julius.great to see you back.How's the new mod coming along?Looking forward to see what you've thought of this time :)

Yeah, you have been working on this for a while now. I am really looking forward to this. Any chance of some preview pics?

been real busy at work anf only been able to work on the mods on a slack day (which is not very often) hopefully i get it out soon, if not i'll just try to hve as much half_patches integrated to it

nothing major on how the navigation screen looks, just added a phone button and adjusted their position to balance how it looks, been real busy at work anf only been able to work on the mods on a slack day (which is not very often) hopefully i get it out soon, if not i'll just try to hve as much half_patches integrated to it

Thanks for the update Julius.Obviously work comes first and the mods do eat up the hours.

This is a great mod I have been using it. I love having access to so many features on the main screen. I do agree that the buttons are hard to press and also believe a collapsible menu is a great idea. i had suggested it when these mods first came out but no one seemed interested. Two minor gripes are that I wish there was a POI button while in a route (if you want to stop and get food somewhere along your trip) and having the elevation show in feet regardless of how high you are (but i remember reading a fix for that somewhere else). Great job on my favorite mod!

This is a great mod I have been using it. I love having access to so many features on the main screen. I do agree that the buttons are hard to press and also believe a collapsible menu is a great idea. i had suggested it when these mods first came out but no one seemed interested. Two minor gripes are that I wish there was a POI button while in a route (if you want to stop and get food somewhere along your trip) and having the elevation show in feet regardless of how high you are (but i remember reading a fix for that somewhere else). Great job on my favorite mod!

i've got the mapchanger fully working now and the fuel calculator, just a couple mimor tweaks and it'll be ready, once all this is done i'll have the update for this skin and shortly after that the third skin, third skin will have bigger buttons and some other stuff