AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just took a 500 mile trip using this mod. Everything works great except for one small bug. Whenever you are traveling and the display is in overview mode, if you touch any button one the screen and go back to map view the overview mode has been disabled. Has anyone else seen this happen? The overview mode setting remains selected on when this is happening. The only way to reactivate the overview mode it is to stop the route and restart it. Any thoughts on what is causing this?

I just took a 500 mile trip using this mod. Everything works great except for one small bug. Whenever you are traveling and the display is in overview mode, if you touch any button one the screen and go back to map view the overview mode has been disabled. Has anyone else seen this happen? The overview mode setting remains selected on when this is happening. The only way to reactivate the overview mode it is to stop the route and restart it. Any thoughts on what is causing this?

i will take a look at it, thanks for pointing it out, hopefully i'll have an update next week as i will be using off the whole week

4. First time after installing the 3.02-update it took long this morning to find the gps-signal - I improved the performance by setting the default location in SYS.TXT to a place in Germany, for Europeans it even helps a lot setting Northing AND Easting to "0.0". But the day befor I had to park in minus 6th floor, where there is no reception of anything. I have to admit, I can only guess why this is so... I don't know Windows very well... To be honest, I try to avoid it as much as I can.

Better to take coordinates of a place less then 300 Km from your "home". Why: the distance measure of GPS is based defining the phase of a repeating sequence of 1,023 bit long pseudonoise code (also pseudorandom binary sequence) (PN or PRN code) which, when transmitted at 1.023 megabits per second (Mbit/s), is repeated every msec. The speed of light and radio waves is +/- 300.000 Km/sec, therefore if you define your start point at less then 300 Km from your actual position, the system knows which sequence it's in and can make it the first triangulation (the measuring of distances to three or four satellites) faster.

Hugo

IDT, as you can tell by my post #, I have not been a "vocal" member of this site, though I have tried to help a few out when I felt qualified. I actually have admired the way you, one of the biggest contributors to this site, have been patient in all your posts when answering questions when others who contribute little, are real smart *sses.

I have not yet gotten the courage up to try your mods, though I did use CMH's AIO because it was no muss, no fuss. Frankly, with all the other personal challenges you have had, I'm surprised you put up with all that you do for as long as you have. I just wanted to say, from an over 50 year old guy, that I really respected what you have done with the mods, but more in the way you have patiently answered questions and tried to assist others.

Thanks and good luck in whatever you do!

Hey nipLVII, from someone who just turned 50 a few days ago...I wanted you to know that I had to work up my courage to hack my 700 with IDT's mod...like you I had tried out CMH's AIO...but after the upgrade to v3 firmware I was leary about messing with my unit...however, IDT's mod (incorporating so much good work from so many other great contributers on the forum) is so useful/attractive I just had to make the leap. I followed all the directions (making backups, etc) and went slowly...but am ecstatic with the result. Everyone who sees the unit in action is properly awed...

I have a separate post on my experience somewhere else in this thread...showing the sequence that I installed the various mods (IDTs, Nav warning, backup warning, 2009.6 Canada map...) but it worked like a charm and I have the nav/entertainment system that Pioneer should be producing...not the dumbed down version that they ship.

Hi IDT,

while renovating my unit and adding 2009.9 maps I also switched to your Skin #2 and must say it is almost perfect.

Some observations for your Info:

-Distance to next maneuvre displays only values up to 3 digits correctly 1100 Meters for example are displayed as 100 Meters. Can be quite confusing.

-The direct access buttons to the left are -in my opinion- a bit too small and difficult to touch precisely while on the road, I could live with just the TMC, Mute Navi, toggle (between N up, direction up and 3D) and the end route. And maybe a "show route"

-Using the new 3.00202 firmware still no tripcomputer working

-For me, aproaching the 50, some of the numbers are hard to read

As usual, don't take it as an offence, your mod is so much better than the stock version, but in my opinion gets a bit overloaded and more difficult to use in real life than the initial versions. I appreciate that you are trying to make everybody happy, but thought so far your main aim would be to make the unit more userfriendly. I think in this respect you are a bit over the top now.

Thanks for your work, it's the only reason I stick to the Avic

Jörg

still no tripcomputer working

Join the crowd..Mine hasn't worked since the get-go. But all in all I LOVE IDT's mods!!

I dont understand what is not working on the tripcomputer! I have had it working on this mod when I had it installed prior and now I have Diaftias V 2.2 mod and it works on that one as well. I am using the 3.0 firmware, not the 3.01 or the 3.02 as I found that the updates were not worth the installation. I am a firm believer 'If it aint broke, Don't fix it'. I use the trip computer about 3-4 times a week and I have never had it NOT work, so I am confused why so many people are having problems

Hi IDT,

while renovating my unit and adding 2009.9 maps I also switched to your Skin #2 and must say it is almost perfect.

Some observations for your Info:

-Distance to next maneuvre displays only values up to 3 digits correctly 1100 Meters for example are displayed as 100 Meters. Can be quite confusing.

-The direct access buttons to the left are -in my opinion- a bit too small and difficult to touch precisely while on the road, I could live with just the TMC, Mute Navi, toggle (between N up, direction up and 3D) and the end route. And maybe a "show route"

-Using the new 3.00202 firmware still no tripcomputer working

-For me, aproaching the 50, some of the numbers are hard to read

As usual, don't take it as an offence, your mod is so much better than the stock version, but in my opinion gets a bit overloaded and more difficult to use in real life than the initial versions. I appreciate that you are trying to make everybody happy, but thought so far your main aim would be to make the unit more userfriendly. I think in this respect you are a bit over the top now.

Thanks for your work, it's the only reason I stick to the Avic

Jörg

thanks for the input, i'm currently working on skin#3 and will try to have a simple navi view

thanks for the input, i'm currently working on skin#3 and will try to have a simple navi view

The trick to getting a simple Navi view with lots of goodies is to have a collapsing screen like Diaftia's V2.3. He has more extras than ever before in ANY mod, and that can only be accomplished by a collapsing menu