AVIC411.com

Disappointing-Can't find address of 6+ years community

The one time we really needed our Navigation on U310BT, it is not useful. It can not find address of 6+ years old community. It seems it knows the street name, but not the house numbers. So I pulled my $60 nav from Staples( from early 2007) and it knows the address. I entered the same address in 2006 Prius Navigation and it knows it too?

What is wrong with Pioneer? Sell a unit in 2009 which does not even have address of community built in 2002-2003?

I am ok not having lot of features, or even basic POIs, but it can not even find addresses? what the hell it is good for?

• 4 weeks later...

It has nothing to do with pioneer. it would be the company that provides the map data. for the most part there are 2 main companies that do this, TeleAtlas and Navteq. if you ever find a street or info that is missing from a nav go to the respective company's website and report it. they welcome feedback and always have a section devoted to it on their website.

I know that Pioneer does not provide map data(Tele Atlas). What good is that if you pick a provider who do not have any useful data. Is it because they are giving outdated maps for peanuts?

Pretty much all providers( or interfaces providers) has been identifying the address properly for last 4 years atleast( Mostly NavTeQ).

I found several routing errors too, including trying to send me over a hiking trail in my car!.

Frankly most useless Navigation I ever used. That's why I print directions instead of using this stupid Pioneer Navigation system or carry my portable. It is as good as you do not have one.