AVIC411.com

SEPTEMBER 06 Z1, BYPASS NOT WORKING? DISCONNECT SPEED SENSE?

Yah, if both wires are grounded properly then even with the speed sense wire connected, everything will work all the time.

Try resetting the unit with the recessed button to the right of the eject button. If that doesn't help then do this:

If you have access when not moving but not when you are over 15mph, there is a problem with the grounded wire on connector 2. Go here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

Check out the details of the 07/06 bypass.

According to your description, the parking brake wire is grounded correctly but the other wire in connector 2 is not. Focus on that one. It's either not grounded or not pushed in all the way in the connector or it's in the wrong location.

Hello, I have an avic z1 that was manufactured in sept of 06 I took out the pin and installed it to the lower right of my harness and grounded both that and my parking brake wire, and after I go over 15mph my video stops viewing... Any ideas? I did hook up a speed sense wire, may that be the reason?

Yeah, check the pin, you'll find that it's probably pushed itself out... My wife's D2 did this after I installed the Parrot for her, it's not that easy to spot BUT a real easy fix when you know what to look for.

AFTER INSERING THE CONNECTOR INTO THE UNIT, grab the wire as close to the connector and push it home again

Sorry bad news bears. Both wires are reading ground and the pin is pushed in all the way.... :( any ideas?

A reset might help... are you sure the pin is pushed in to the correct location? It's something to do with that pin. It's not connecting the pin in the Z1, maybe there is a problem with the pin in connector 2, maybe in pulling that out the metal tang that actually makes contact is bent and not making contact with the pin in the Z1.

If a reset doesn't solve your problems, it's that pin in connector 2, either in the wrong position or not making contact with the pin in the Z1. How to fix that? I guess I would pull the pin out of the connector 2 and use a dental pick and flex the parts that make the actual connection and shove it back in, or grab a different wire from a different location.