AVIC411.com

Everything was running perfect,shut my vehicle off. Went back out 5 minutes later to leave and the radio won't start. The splash screen comes on then about the time the splash screen would go off and the radio would come on the whole thing shuts down. No internal mods or hacks, I am not smart enough to try that stuff. Ihave had the unit almost 11 months and it has worked perfectly until now.

Anyone have any ideas?

I posted pretty much the same thing and am in the same boat as you. From what I found out pioneer has an update (download) available to correct the issue. I believe it has something to do with the time change and a couple other odds and ends. The update is avail on the pioneer site and I'll post a link if you can't locate it. I'm not very technical as well and I was able to follow the update instructions so don't be put off by the length of the steps. The main thing you need is an SD card with about 1 to 2 gb's. I did get my unit to update but still had some issues selecting the voice language as well as the iPhone stuck on a specific sound level, but as of right now I'll take it since it's no black screen. Hopefully this helps somewhat. Keep us updated

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=B

here is the link (under the updates tab) save the update to your desktop, unzip (decompress) the file, drag the two folders to your SD card. Pop the SD into the front of the avic before you start your vehicle (unplug any usb devices) and turn the vehicle on. Update takes about ten minutes.

My Avic is working today after the update and seems to be a little more responsive and faster overall. Worth taking the 15-20 minutes to complete the update to get your unit back up and running.

I appreciate the info but this did not work. I did do the update when it came out this past summer. I also thought maybe a file got corrupted or something and tried to re update it with the SD card that had the update installed on it. I was successful updating this past summer. When thgis did not work I re down loaded it again on a new Sd card and up it into the unit with the ignition off and turned the ignition on. Something that sounds like a hard drive spinning starts up, the slpash screen comes on for about 10 seconds then goes off, then flashes about every three or four seconds. I think it is trying to boot up with the sd card in it. This i think is a whole different ball game. With the sd card out the unit lights up. the splash screen comes on. then about 10 seconds later everything goes dead. I can hear a motor running or something inside the unit so I know it is not totally dead. I checked all fuses in the vehicle and the 10 amp in the back of the unit. All good. I am calling Pioneer in the morning. I still have 6 weeks on the factory warranty. I hope they give a quick turn around and maybe a firm ware and map update.

Any other ideas though would be appreciated and tried.