AVIC411.com

few issues, AVIC-D3

Installed my D3 in like 4 different vehicles and never had any issues. This time it is killing me. I have a 2004 Silverado SS and the install is 95% done. few small things that are killing me.

- Engine wine BAD!. tried better grounds, didn't work. Tried ground loop isolator, didn't work. HELP

- getting the parking brake error, the light green wire i have grounded but it's not working, anyone know why??

thanks in advance!. :mrgreen:

got the VSS issue resolved. well, it fixed itself. just started to work on it's own. not sure on that one. lol..

but the engine wine is still there BAD. When i play with the RCA's from the D3 to the GMOS-04 i get some crackle and pops. Would these be causing the whine? how would i fix that?

help ASAP.. thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

Just a heads up. Found some info on different sites about the micro fuse in the pioneers. If anyone ever has this issue the easy way around it is to get some line converters and take the speaker leads and change them over to RCA's. This bypasses the RCA micro fuse and gives you GOOD sound. After having the dash apart about a zillion times i got it all to work. There was a few posts on different forums that talked about grounding the RCA. But that didn't work for me.