AVIC411.com

running windows on avic

• 2 months later...

Can someone tell me how to boot my system up in the windows screen. I can get past the screen where you have the option to upgrade windowce, etc. But how do i get to the windows desktop. Sorry having trouble with this step the rest seems very easy and understandable but I must be doing something wrong. thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...
Can someone tell me how to boot my system up in the windows screen. I can get past the screen where you have the option to upgrade windowce, etc. But how do i get to the windows desktop. Sorry having trouble with this step the rest seems very easy and understandable but I must be doing something wrong. thanks for the help.

just put on an SD card the folder called "testmode", turn the HU on and it should automatically go to WinCE

• 2 weeks later...

What is a HU? I too am unable to boot into my Pioneer AVIC F900BT (Firmware 2.006) with an SD card. I have formated a 4GB SD HC memory card to FAT32 in Win7. I then downloaded Testdemo.zip and extracted the contents (MiTACAP folder and Testmode) to the root of the SD card.

I then inserted the SD card into my AVIC F900BT and then turned on the ignition (Acc.). When the AVIC boots, it boots normally and not into WinCE. I thought that maybe it was an issue with the SD card so I created a folder called pictures with splash screens within it and was able to install custom splash screens from the SD card.

I was able to get the mechanical portion of my bypass done by grounding the parking brake wire from the AVIC. I then moved the Mute wire from the first position on the module to the fourth position. I then grounded this wire. I am now able to view DVD's and navigate my Pioneer GPS at any speed, despite not having modified the pioneer.ini file

I am happy that it all works the way I want, but now I want to get into the WinCe and mess around with the mods. Did I miss a step?

• 2 weeks later...