AVIC411.com

Sirius sound quality in X910BT

I recently installed my X910BT with a Pioneer CD-SB10 adapter and Sirius SC-C1 tuner. The Sirius sound quality is terrible. It sounds distorted and "tinny", like a really heavily compressed audio file. The iPod interface is phenomenal... almost CD quality sound. I expected the Sirius quality to be equal or better. When switching to Sirius, I have to turn the volume way up and it sounds like the music is playing through a garden hose. Even the AM tuner sound quality is better.

My wife's car has a dash-mount Sirius tuner plugged into an aux-port on her factory Toyota tuner. The sound quality in her setup is excellent and is the reason I invested in the subscription and hardware to interface with my Pioneer head unit.

Note that I don't have anything else sitting on the IP bus other than the Sirius equipment.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it the Sirius tuner or the Pioneer adapter ...or maybe the antenna that comes with the SC-C1 is poor quality?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!