AVIC411.com

How to: add left/right announce of destination

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Now if only we could have a TTS voice that didn't sound so terrible :(

Technically it should be possible to have this with a non-TTS voice i think. The non-TTS voices still have a commands.csv file, we would just need some OGG files to go with it.

There should be OGG files for left/right in there already, so it is doable.

where did you change what she says when she says route recalculation? i looked at the command.csv file for samantha and i couldnt find anything..

Don't tell anyone, it's in the info.ini file within the tts zip

Hey VeNoM0713 - Did you get this to work? So far looks like only a handful have it going.

hmm.. havent really tried it out but im running 3.01 with the android2000 or whatever data.zip and everything just so you know what im running.. ill try it right now and ill let ya know if it works when i get back home from work.. i did change what she says from route reclalculation though and that works.. its pretty funny

Awesome! Now if only we could have a TTS voice that didn't sound so terrible :(

Technically it should be possible to have this with a non-TTS voice i think. The non-TTS voices still have a commands.csv file, we would just need some OGG files to go with it.

There should be OGG files for left/right in there already, so it is doable.

I just spent the last two and a half hours trying to get this to work with the non-tts voice, particularly Jason. I did not have any luck in modifying the commands.csv file. I tried changing "you have arrived at your destination" to "you have arrived at your destination exit left/right" and it wouldn't work. The reason I choose "exit left/right" was because there was not an oog file with "on the". The unit would boot fine then when I selected Jason it would re-boot. Then I changed it to Samantha and it also would re-boot. I changed it back to the original csv file and the same thing happened. I'm not sure if it was because of my older version of excel or not. The only way I was able to boot normally again was to extract the Jason file from the upgrade disk. Personally I won't be able to try to get the non-tts voices to work again. AFAIK it may still be possible.

While I was in the upgrade disk I checked the other tts files for left/right commands and all three have them. If anyone needs the french tts or espanol tts file let me know and I'll post them, but chances are if you've upgraded you should already them and just need to add the entry into the sys.txt file.

I just spent the last two and a half hours trying to get this to work with the non-tts voice, particularly Jason. I did not have any luck in modifying the commands.csv file. I tried changing "you have arrived at your destination" to "you have arrived at your destination exit left/right" and it wouldn't work. The reason I choose "exit left/right" was because there was not an oog file with "on the". The unit would boot fine then when I selected Jason it would re-boot. Then I changed it to Samantha and it also would re-boot. I changed it back to the original csv file and the same thing happened. I'm not sure if it was because of my older version of excel or not. The only way I was able to boot normally again was to extract the Jason file from the upgrade disk. Personally I won't be able to try to get the non-tts voices to work again. AFAIK it may still be possible.

While I was in the upgrade disk I checked the other tts files for left/right commands and all three have them. If anyone needs the french tts or espanol tts file let me know and I'll post them, but chances are if you've upgraded you should already them and just need to add the entry into the sys.txt file.

FYI, here's a link that might be useful: http://blog.world3.net/2009/06/igo-8ami ... sv-format/

FYI, here's a link that might be useful: http://blog.world3.net/2009/06/igo-8ami ... sv-format/

Interesting. I might try a bit more this weekend, but to be honest I like the TTS voice better than the non=tts.

Interesting. I might try a bit more this weekend, but to be honest I like the TTS voice better than the non=tts.

Same here (BTW, your modification seems to work just fine), but it does have some info that could be useful for either voice.

Same here (BTW, your modification seems to work just fine), but it does have some info that could be useful for either voice.

I decided not to mess with the non-tts stuff. I'm quit pleased with the tts file and the announcing of which side the via point and destination is on. Maybe the V-dub guy wants to mess with it since he's looking for a non-tts file with this mod.

Yea I plan to one of these days when i'm not working all day and night :(

Work it while you can. Never know what the future may bring. I went from 10 hours OT a week to none for all of this year. At least I still have a full time job. I wanted to retire in 12 years, as it is now it looks like that will be pushed into 15 or so more years. The f'n economy sucks. Don't let the media fool you.