AVIC411.com

AVIC-N1 No sounds

I need a little info please. I recently purchased a 2005 Chevy Avalanche with the AVIC-N1 installed. This unit was installed when the vehicle was new by the Chevy dealer.

The previous owner of the vehicle told me that he didn't purchase the voice module because the dealer wanted $360.00 for it. The unit has no sound at all but the navigation works great. I have read all the manuals and searched around the internet for information on this unit and it's voice module. I cannot find anything about a voice module which leads me to believe this Chevy dealer scammed the previous owner. This dealer is now out of business but was known for under handed sales tactics.

It appears to me from reading the Pioneer manuals that probably the truck speakers were not connected to the unit. Without me having to go into the dash of the truck and see visually if the wires are connected, is there any other way I could check? If the speakers are not connected is there anywhere I could find out the colors of the speaker wires for this vehicle? It has the Bose audio system installed and also Onstar. Is this best left to an experienced installer rather than myself? I do have electronics knowledge and past training in repair but have never installed any audio equipment in a vehicle. Thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have no sound... Try reseting the unit first by pushing in the little black button on the face plate.

But If that still doesn't work then you need to check all the wiring and connecters, If the communications wiring to the brain unit is even a little loose, it will cause all kinds of erratic problems.

This is the Voice Command it works for the N1, N2 and N3's

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... C1.Support