AVIC411.com

*HELP* Install Changes from D3 to X710BT?

All:

What is the entire list of changes -- especially install harness/wiring changes -- to move from a D3 (with the BTB200 and older XM tuner) to an X710BT?

Here's what I know so far:

- KEEP Old XM tuner (GEX-P10XMT...will work w/IP bus, just won't get NavTraffic)

- KEEP old GPS antenna

- KEEP old microphone

- KEEP old AM/FM antenna adapter (or upgrade to better one ...)

- REMOVE BTB200 (Won't need it for Bluetooth anymore)

- REMOVE old iPod cable and buy the new one for the F/X series

Unknowns:

- Will Soundgate CANPULSE4 & CAN-PIO harness (speed signal and steering wheel controls) still work with X710BT?

- Do I have to re-wire anything in the RCA harness (don't think I'm using it...no camera, using iPod cable)?

- Do I have to re-wire anything in the power cord/speaker connector or harness?

- Do I have to re-wire anything for the bypass (D3 install was apparently bypassed)

- Will the Metra fit-kit/fascia for the D3 fit the X710BT?

- Is there a seperate install kit for the X710BT that's different from the D3's (the "Pioneer ADTVA133 Double Din Installation Kit")?

Any advice on how hard it will be to upgrade an install from from a D3 to a X701BT would be most appreciated!

- JohnnyD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the 710 is the exact same size as the D3, so you can reuse your old mounting kit

the bypass has changed a little, you still need to move the mute wire, but the empty pin that you move it to has changed

and you might have to switch harnesses as i am not sure if they are the same, if you have to switch harness, just wire the new one up exactly like the old one

if the harness and steering wheel controls worked for the D3 they will also work for the 710

@1loudls:

Thanks...that helps a little bit, but I was hoping for a more definitive list of known differences. Hasn't ANYONE moved from the D3 to the 710 or the 910 on here?

I think you're saying the steering wheel control and speed pulse unit (CANPULSE4 in my case) should work, along with the harness that goes with it.

However, you're saying the major harnesses for all the audio, etc. MAY or MAY NOT be the same. Um...will it be obvious? Do the harnesses LOOK the same, but with different pinouts, or are you saying the entire harness and plug are different???

Also, what about the GPS antenna and microphone? Am I correct those are the same?

- JD

• 3 weeks later...
Sevral members on this forum have reported that all harnesses from the D3 are in fact the same as on the F/X series. The bypass however is slightly different. Please consult the F series bypass instructions for the proper bypass proceedere.

Okay...that's good info on the electronics harness. Thanks. Problem: I'm hearing conflicting info on the GPS antenna and microphone. Some people say they're exactly the same...no change. But this guy says they are DIFFERENT:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=29120&p=199772#p199772

Who's correct?

The mic has the same connector so he is wrong there. Although the plug on the GPS connector is different, several people here have simply removed the plugs from the wires and swapped them in an effort to avoid having to switch the entire antenna. This may be an option for you but may also cause problems. The best thing to do is to just look at all of the components upon making the install and decided then which option you want to take.