AVIC411.com

Installed 3.0...verified...but steering wheel presets don't!

Ok folks - installed 3.0 and verified through the Avic AVIC-F700BT unit. Thanks Terron!

However, the main reason for upgrading to 3.0 was for me to get my steering wheel to control the presets. Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to work. Any idea why? Do I need to set it up somewhere through the unit?

The start-up time seems to take the same as before.

Additionally, I don't really see any other visible difference between the 2.x version I had before and the 3.0 unit i have now.

Finally, I did have to reset the colours as well as all my settings, although I did do a back-up.

So any other thoughts?

However, the main reason for upgrading to 3.0 was for me to get my steering wheel to control the presets. Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to work. Any idea why? Do I need to set it up somewhere through the unit?

This problem as far as I can remember is a hardware issue where Pioneer doesn't even recognize the 'preset up' and 'preset down' command from the steering wheel input. I'm not entirely sure it was ever on Pioneer's fix list.

Additionally, I don't really see any other visible difference between the 2.x version I had before and the 3.0 unit i have now.

There are a few subtle differences; maybe get up the nerve to install IDT's mod if you want a new interface.

All I can tell you is that it works for me, and there must be something messed up on yours. I don't know the process or procedure you did to do your "upgrade", however, the presets work on mine.

Which box are you using to connect to your steering wheel?

I'm not sure of the 'box' to connect to the steering wheel...I got this AVIC unit when I bought my car pre-installed. I do have a 2008 Santa Fe with an F700 unit that was installed at Future Shop. I assume I just go back there and tell them it's not working? The previous owner did buy the extended warranty.

• 4 months later...
When I upgraded my F900 I had to reprogram my steering wheel controls. Then it worked fine.

nosbig, what did you do to "reprogram" your steering wheel controls? I have an F900 with the unofficial 3.0 and my steering wheel controls still just change the MODE (FM, AM, SD) and I'd like them to change the radio presets.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have my F910 in a Volks and the steering wheel control works so far. But there are some more buttons without function and same controls which are a bit stupit e.g. you have to press several sec. the "left button" to change a preset station to the next - otherwise you seek slowly to higher frequenzes... :(

Is ther any possibility to modyfy the presettings of the control?

Thank you :D

Lena