AVIC411.com

~ How to use Legit 3.0 SD Card Update without Media number ~

Hey there guys, thanks for any help that you can provide. So here's the situation. I purchased a F90BT from another member on the forum, he sold it to me for a good price, and told me if i pay alittle extra he'll send me the 3.0 update once he gets it. So he does finally send it to me, it's still shrink wrapped and everything, but i can't find the media number anywhere. I'm assuming he didn't include it. I've tried to contact him, but he's not responding. So here's my situation. I would like to update to 3.0 obviously, and i have the sd cards, but i can't do anything without that stupid media number.

Now for all the folks that are going to flame me, i know there's a topic on how to remove the password and stuff from the sd cards, but i can't find it. I saw the post a few months ago and i've been searching over and over for it and i can't find it.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone needs a copy of the SD card, i'd be more then happy to share it.

If it was still shrink-wrapped then it will have a media number, tucked neatly inside the CD cover; pull it out and open it up. AFAIK, there is not and was never any way to remove the media key requirement from the 3.0 update. Most people are just downloading the hacked update and going about their business (after purchasing a legal license of 3.0)

If it was still shrink-wrapped then it will have a media number, tucked neatly inside the CD cover; pull it out and open it up. AFAIK, there is not and was never any way to remove the media key requirement from the 3.0 update. Most people are just downloading the hacked update and going about their business (after purchasing a legal license of 3.0)

Hey there, thanks a lot Terron. I am a total idiot. I tried searching everywhere and couldn't find it. I didn't know that there was anything on the insert. I thought it was only a single piece of paper.

Also, if the SD cards can be unlocked somehow, i'd be willing to donate mine for the Avic411 community.

Hey there, thanks a lot Terron. I am a total idiot. I tried searching everywhere and couldn't find it. I didn't know that there was anything on the insert. I thought it was only a single piece of paper.

Also, if the SD cards can be unlocked somehow, i'd be willing to donate mine for the Avic411 community.

Don't feel too stupid, it isn't very intuitive and took me a minute to find the first time I cracked open my case. There isn't really any need to copy your SD contents though, we have the X910 backup that all of us used to manually upgrade to 3.0. I had to manually patch because Pioneer's update failed during the map update; I returned the update to get a new copy thinking the media was bad, same problem... I resorted to keeping my media (for the legal issue) and manually upgrading.

• 3 weeks later...

You can, I didn't buy one but i got the latest update off some torrent that had the 2 s cards. If you have 3.0 you can just boot from the 2nd sd card. Skip first one and don't stick it in after the unit boots or it asks for password. i have been reading these forums for a week and i have finally collected all the tolls to strip my 900bt down to 2.0 and take it to 3.01 and then finally the final map v. 02.0004000 and apl v.3.020100.got the 2009 maps and the mod with all the shortcuts for the navi. it has been a hell of a learning curve but u can find everything on this forum to do it all for free. sorry for the long answer but yes u can use just the 2nd sd card, the 1.7gb (more or less). Boot from it and it does a factory firmware update and does the maps. Then u download the 2009.6 maps and follow the instructions in that thread.

i have just completed all the mods I want and think i will sleep foR a few days now.

I CAN'TEVEN BEGIN TO THANK ALL THE PEOPLE WHOKEEP THESE THREADS GOING. YOU GUYS ARE THE STUFF. MY FIRST POST. ALL IN ALL 4 SOLID DAYS OF READING AND TRIAL AND ERROR AND I THINK NOW DUE TO THE SHARED INFO HERE I CAN EASILY DO ANY MODS TO THIS UNIT. READ, READ, AND READ SOME MORE.

GOOD NIGHT ALL......

• 2 weeks later...