AVIC411.com

AVIC Feeds iPhone App - lame

hey folks,

just got my U310BT installed, and downloaded the app. in theory it sounded great - send addresses wireless to the unit. in practice....eh. heres whats up:

1) the app's map intereface is slow

2) it doesnt "beam" an address to the head unit; it stores it as a Contact which then has to be synch'd to the head unit. what the hell.

...i had envisioned that one would fire up the app, paste in an addy, push GO and it would magically send it to the head unit which would then use the addy for a destination. that would be the direct way to do it. as implemented, it seems a bit round about and a bit clunky.

anyone else?

matt

• 2 weeks later...

This is so stupid this application is like retarded so called engineers came up wit this stupid app ? i mean with all the transfer tech out here this is how they do it ? i have a z110bt ? have a avic feeds logo that is blank in the menu screen(u cant touch it its like disabled) what was the purpose for that icon to take up screen space in ur destination menu ? the iphone feeds interface gives u a stupid slow far away look at points of interest that u cant even get a real close up on? the last tIme i tried to use it? every time i try to save as point of interest it would save it as my current location its just junk ? please pioneer u make decent products please get some GOD FORSAKEN DIRECT INPUT FROM US THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY BUY THESE PRODUCTS ? ITS RIDICULSLY OBVIOUS THAT THE IDIOT WHO DESIGNED THE Z110BT NEVER HAD OR SAW THE Z3 BECAUSE THEY JUST GOT RID OF EVERTHING THAT MADE THAT UNIT SPECIAL ,LOOK IF U ASKED ME THE Z3 WAS ALMOST PERFECT ,HERE MY OPINION ,ALL U HAD TO DO WITH THE Z3 WAS AS FOLLOWS AND THE UNIT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT :

1. .... UPDATE THE IPOD INTERFACE TO INCLUDE VIDEO AND A SPEADY SEARCH

2. .... ADD A BIGGER HARD DRIVE AND LET US ACCESS IT WITH A SD CARD.

3...... WORK WITH MSN AND GIVE US BUILT IN INTERNET ACCESS WITH A SEARCH ENGINE OR TV OUT INTERNET THRU OUR BLUE TOOTH PHONES .

4....... ALLOW US TO UPDATE MAPS THRU DIRECT INTERNET ACCESS (THRU IPHONE OR ANY BLUE TOOTH PHONE)

AND BRING BACK THE OLD MAP AND DONT GET RID OF THE TOWNS WE ARE AND WALLA PERFECT UNIT ?

• 1 month later...
8)8)8)8)8) This is so stupid this application is like retarded so called engineers came up wit this stupid app ? i mean with all the transfer tech out here this is how they do it ? i have a z110bt ? have a avic feeds logo that is blank in the menu screen(u cant touch it its like disabled) what was the purpose for that icon to take up screen space in ur destination menu ? the iphone feeds interface gives u a stupid slow far away look at points of interest that u cant even get a real close up on? the last tIme i tried to use it? every time i try to save as point of interest it would save it as my current location its just junk ? please pioneer u make decent products please get some GOD FORSAKEN DIRECT INPUT FROM US THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY BUY THESE PRODUCTS ? ITS RIDICULSLY OBVIOUS THAT THE IDIOT WHO DESIGNED THE Z110BT NEVER HAD OR SAW THE Z3 BECAUSE THEY JUST GOT RID OF EVERTHING THAT MADE THAT UNIT SPECIAL ,LOOK IF U ASKED ME THE Z3 WAS ALMOST PERFECT ,HERE MY OPINION ,ALL U HAD TO DO WITH THE Z3 WAS AS FOLLOWS AND THE UNIT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT :

1. .... UPDATE THE IPOD INTERFACE TO INCLUDE VIDEO AND A SPEADY SEARCH

2. .... ADD A BIGGER HARD DRIVE AND LET US ACCESS IT WITH A SD CARD.

3...... WORK WITH MSN AND GIVE US BUILT IN INTERNET ACCESS WITH A SEARCH ENGINE OR TV OUT INTERNET THRU OUR BLUE TOOTH PHONES .

4....... ALLOW US TO UPDATE MAPS THRU DIRECT INTERNET ACCESS (THRU IPHONE OR ANY BLUE TOOTH PHONE)

AND BRING BACK THE OLD MAP AND DONT GET RID OF THE TOWNS WE ARE AND WALLA PERFECT UNIT ? :x:x:shock::shock:

Yeah the only thing retarded I see is with this post. :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

I SAW YOUR REPLY TO MY POST AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS A CLICHE THAN SHUT UP !

I WROTE EXACTLY WHAT I FELT WAS WRONG WITH THE UNIT : BECAUSE I DISHED OUT 1K PLUS FOR THS UNIT

AND AFTER BEEING IN A FREAKING DIFFERENT STATE I HAVE NEVER BEEN BEFORE AND DONT KNOW WHERE I HAPPEN TO BE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME SUCKS. DONT PUT UP CLICHES PUT UP FACTS ? :evil::evil: OR KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT SMART MAN !! AND AS FAR AS MY POST BEING RETARTED YOUR THE ONLY IDIOT WHO DISAGREED WITH IT ?

so before u start bashing me maybe u should clarify your point instead of saying nothing ,and just putting your worthless 2 sense into my post ? i thought this place was for problem sloving sharing ideas ,dude are u a moderator cause it seems like ur the only idiot that responds to my posts ? can u get away from me and if u are going to post a reply please make it a constructive reply instead of personal feelings ? smart guy :?