AVIC411.com

avic d3 ???

i have the 2G iphone and it charges it while i listen and works no problem. like BuffaloSS im sure the ipod cable sold for the unit will work.

There is no way the CD-I200 will charge the Ipod touch or the Iphone. Now the question is, will the CD-IU205 work on the D3?

ummmmmm, it charges my 2g iphone!!!! how does it feel to be WRONG!

i have the 2G iphone and it charges it while i listen and works no problem. like BuffaloSS im sure the ipod cable sold for the unit will work.

There is no way the CD-I200 will charge the Ipod touch or the Iphone. Now the question is, will the CD-IU205 work on the D3?

ummmmmm, it charges my 2g iphone!!!! how does it feel to be WRONG!

yep, they didn't change the charging issue til the later Iphones, the originals are fine.

Ok then. Show me. With pictures so we all can see what you've done. Becasuse I have visual aids here that show the Iphone is not charged by the CD-I200 that goes with the D3. It will play the the Iphone, but wants to put the phone in Airplane mode. So drftnsubies, what are you doing different?

100_2890.jpg

100_2892.jpg

100_2893.jpg

uh, not one person above has stated that the 3G iphones charge. all i see people saying are that the 2g and the originals work fine, which are the same phone. 2G is not always 2nd gen, confusing i know.

2G=1st gen Iphone

3G=2nd gen Iphone

3GS=3rd gen Iphone

Yes that is what i said. But it depends on who you are talking to. Apple products are commonly referred to as 1G 2G 3G meaning 1st, 2nd 3rd generation starting with the iPod. Many people confuse this with the 2G and 3G describing speed for the iPhone, which is what Pogigreg is doing.

So what percentage of people out there are still using the 2g Iphone? Probably not many. I would think that most like me are upgrade crazy, and went to a 3g or 3gs as soon as they came out. If that is the case, they would most likely have to upgrade from the D3 to the F series or the X or Z series.

If we can get back on topic hear. The D3 is three + year old technology and is not expected to maintain complete compatibility with current technology. The solution is simple. If you want your iPhone to charge, upgrade to a unit that supports that feature. Enough said.

I ended up running into this problem in the beginning of the year when I purchased a 4th gen ipod nano upgrading from the 2 gen which I using. Here is my post and the information which I got.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20524

I was going to get the Scosche passport and see if it worked but I ended up calling their tech support and they informed me that it is not compatible with the pioneer units using the CD-i200 ipod cable.

I ended up returning the 4th gen nano and bought a used 2 gen from ebay.